Life hates us

It has been a couple of weeks since our birthday and we have grown quite close to 'Mother'. Although we still think she's up to something extremely mysterious. 

Dear Diary, 

Yesterday, CC and I were in Papa's room to ask him a question about school when we saw 'Mother' looking in the mirror but when we looked into the mirror a witch face looked back that meant that... Oh no 'Mother' saw us!!! She hasn't said anything to us yet we have been avoiding her. Got to go she's coming...

Dear Diary,

 I can't believe it. Even though she saw us when we looked at her reflection, she hasn't done anything. However, she looks at us in a different way than before, her grey eyes colder than ever. She smiles differently, even more evil than usual, but in a terrifying way, as if she is frightening us not to tell anybody. What should we do? Should we tell Father? Maybe. 

We have discovered since yesterday that 'mother' is an evil witch. We're thinking about telling uncle but that might be betraying family. If we don't tell it would be against the law so that's also very important not to do.

"Eve, Linda, we have something to tell you." I started.

"Well you see, we have a theory about your mother" I continued, my voice shaking as I talked. 

"What is it? What's the theory?" Eve asked confused.

"Yeah what is it?" Linda continued.

"Well we were in Papa's room to ask him a question." I said terrified.

We saw your mother looking in the mirror." I continued.

"A witch-like face looked back at us!" We finished in unison.

"So our mother is a witch?" Linda stated nervously.

"Well we are in huge trouble." Eve continued cautiously.

"Life hates us!" All four of us said together before laughing.

"We should tell your uncle." Eve said patiently.

"Ok well he is coming for a special dinner here tonight." I stated since he told me yesterday.

"The king is coming here. To this house?" Eve said freaking out.

"Why?" Linda asked looking confused.

"We have a family dinner here once in every 2 months." I said "It helps uncles image!" 

"So we can tell him tonight in private." Eve suggested.

"We can do it during Ill's annual tantrum." I continued.

That night we said our friendly hellos, ate patiently and then Ill started complaining that she didn't like the food so we went into the hall with uncle.

We explained everything to him every last detail so he took her to the pond in the square he had a chain in his satchel tied 'mother' up and threw her into the water. Guess what she floated so yeah she's sinful and evil. This was her ordeal. We had to prove she is a witch. Uncle told father she was going to be burned in two days so she is most likely a witch.

The next two days were hard on the whole family uncle even wanted to burn Eve and Linda as well but we managed to convince him otherwise because burning children alive isn't the best thing for his image. Right now we are in our room in our best black wool dresses in honour of 'mother' getting burned. I actually felt sad that she was going to die I mean yes she wasn't the nicest mother but she was a mother figure and I would miss her. 

I would miss her evilness, her weird grins and her mysterious eyes. This would be exciting, though. To see someone being burned. I have never seen anyone being burned before, especially not someone who was burned alive! 

We walked towards the town square looking embarrassed. I mean when people find out a member of an important family is a witch it gets really embarrassing really fast. The whole news spread so quickly. People start not liking you much. The town seems to hate Eve and Linda now, they weren't even that popular to begin with but now it's even worse.

The weather today is cold and it's snowing. We walked towards town square ever so slowly hoping it snows too much to light a fire and burn 'mother'. When we finally arrived the fire was already gigantic and warm we went right up to the front and the ceremony began. The king gave a speech that went something like, "today we shall end the life of the sinner Erline Godfrey. She is accused of being a witch and was caught doing witchcraft by her daughters. To prove this, she has been thrown in a lake. She floated, and so on this day she shall be burned!" Everyone cheered after that but probably just because it was the king who gave the speech. Everyone except us. We were silent through the whole ceremony. At some point we were marvelling at how you can burn someone, another time looking at the ground, speechless. Well, the ground was a bit snowy. 

I kept staring at Eve and Linda. Their faces were as white as snow on the ground.

"Goodbye Mother", Eve and Linda whispered in unison, as the flames spread across her body, until she was nowhere to be seen. 

Authors Note: So.. did you like it. This chapter is slightly depressing I know. Comment below and vote if you think CC might need therapy. Who knows. Thanks for reading.