Aunt Agnes

It was not a long way to get to the castle, although it seemed incredibly short. As we stepped onto the large shiny steps leading up to the castle. There was a large group of servants waiting for us.

"Your majesty it is an honour to be in your presence!" One of the men said. He seemed to be the head servant. "Follow me and I shall show you to Queen Agnes and now your quarters." The man hurried of and Papa walked after him.

"Ethilinda, Everilda you can follow me" One of the maids said before grabbing their hands and bringing them upstairs.

"You two may follow me. I will show you to your room so that you may prepare for your evening meal." One of the older servants said leading us upstairs. We walked down about 3 long corridors before going up another set of stairs before he stopped again turning to face us. "Which one of you is the eldest?" He asked looking at the both of us as though calculating who it would be in his head.

"I am. Older by 15 minutes" I said. (Fun fact I am older then my fellow anonymus author by 15 days.)

"Then this is your room" He said indicating the room on the left. "and this is your sisters" He then left us to explore our new rooms.

My room was as big as the cottage maybe bigger with at least twice as much furniture. The walls were a soft lilac colour with about 20 pictures lining the walls all picked by aunt Agnes probably. There was a giant window seat overlooking the palace gardens. There was a large woollen rug on the ground beside a large wooden table and chair set. Lining one wall was a large book shelf full of all books imaginable. 

There was a bed against the wall below a large family portrait of papa, uncle Berengier and our grandparents. There was a white blanket with Daisy's embroidered onto it. This was topped with a lilac coverlet. About 5 pillows lay on the bed. There was 3 pillows on the window seat and 1 on the chair next to the bookshelf. 

There was a door at one side I opened it and it lead into CC's room. I decided to leave her to explore before beginning to unpack. I lay mama's blanket on the bed before putting my locket around my neck. I put the diary on a spare area of the bookshelf. I put the remaining dresses in a giant wardrobe beside my bed before going into CC's room.

My room in our cottage was fairly sized at first for two people to be in with the most mediocre beds you can imagine. This situation became slightly worse when two other people joined us. I entered my room and my mouth suddenly opened. 

Here is why: Now, my room is gigantic compared to THAT. We are all separated, although the rooms are joined. There are doors joining Cia and my rooms together. My bed is not at all what I had thought. I had never seen such a bed before, a bed in a palace, so I had no idea that it would look the way it does. The blankets are made of emerald green silk, shining in the sunlight. It was such a lovely sight, that I could not possibly ruin the bed at night, when I wanted to sleep. Pulling the blanket to sleep at night would ruin the blanket. Blankets and mattresses are very special, especially if they are made of silk. Therefore, it is impossible to take beds, blankets, mattresses and curtains for granted. 

And I cannot get used to having servants make my bed for me. I have always done this by myself, not someone else doing it. And the bed, the bed is covered in polished yellow things. They are not a normal yellow that you can imagine, but a different type of yellow. There is a sapphire coloured vase with tulips, white and red roses and daffodils. Even the vase was polished as if it was significant, just like the yellow things. There is also a table. Some parts of it have the yellow things, just like my new bed. Although, it is mainly wooden. I checked if the table is dusty. There was rarely any dust on it.