(Encounter pt. II) Rider X Serious! Reader

It was a new day today. You decided to have a 1v1 against Rider again.

Well, since you had a bit too much training...you got a bit tired, but still put in the effort nonetheless. Your gear was the Digi-Camo Forge Mask, Negative Longcuff Sweater, and the Null Boots Replica.

You carried your weapon alongside you, the new Kensa Charger. It was pretty fresh, and you liked the monotone vibe.

Enough of that now. You rushed into the Lobby, waiting for the match to commence.

You waited in anticipation of what was to happen now. The stage? Blackbelly Skatepark.

3

2

1

Go!

You charged up the ink shot, and fired straight forward. You kept doing this, and refilled your ink quickly, before enemies can spot you. Until...Rider came on. You sneakily blew up the Rainmaker and, well, you heard an ink slam from the direction about 5 yards away from you.

Rider.

He was there. You had to make it into the geyser before he kill spams.

You make a path to the top of the tower and ink your way to the geyser, on the left side of the map. You hop down in your squid form and there was a plop! sound effect. You hurriedly ink paths alternating to swim away in case of an emergency.

You were just about to make it.

Until you got splatted.

By Rider.

"Crud," you mutter to yourself. "I should've known he was there."

Of course, you splatted him too for retaliation. As soon as he was, you quickly used your special, the Baller, to blow up the shield. It worked.

You inked a wall-like path to the geyser, and as time ran out...

You won.

You pumped your fist in the air for a sign of an achievement. "Phew...I guess that was close."

Then you noticed Rider across from you. "Hey, good game out there," you say nervously.

He muttered something so softly that you couldn't even hear. "S-Sorry, what was that?"

You were then shut up by a hug and a chu~ from him. "Heh. Good game I guess.." he said to you.

"Wait, why did you do that?"

"I kinda like you."

"A.. wha?" The words sputtered out of your mouth.

"I said I like you. Don't have to take it in account. Dumb octoling..."

You heard what he said and that caused you to be both embarrassed and angry. "Take that back–"

You got another chu~ from him, this time it felt genuine.

He hugged you really tightly, it hurt.

"Next time, I won't lose!" He shouted back.

"I won't either," you shouted but with a quiet aggravation.

"I guess he's odd..."