6

Edward

The house was packed with people. The ladies were wearing expensive gowns and dresses and the men were in suits. Bella looked alarmed before her expression gave way to boredom and annoyance finely settling into a mask of politeness. Her change was so quick that no one guessed it at all. Everyone turned to look at the door opening and a brown haired female in an overly expensive dress which still looked classy smiled wide as she rushed towards Bella. "Bella, figilia." Bella smiled and accepted the hug from the woman, I now knew to be her mother. She stepped back and intertwined her hand around my elbow. Her mother's eyebrow shot up and she appraised me. I winced as I heard her thoughts about how I looked expensively dressed and classy. Bella narrowed her eyes at her mother. The other occupants had similar expressions of shock and contemplation on their face as they assessed me to see if I worthy being Bella Swans boyfriend. "Mother," Bella called sharply, "this is my boyfriend, Edward. I expect you would treat him and his family with similar greater respect than you guys than me. Cause I may take my disrespect lightly but if anyone tries to demean them, especially Edward, well let's just say Satan will cringe at what I will do to that person." Thoughts filled with dread and fear including her mother. Bella smirked at the horror she saw on faces.

Bella
I smirked seeing the fear on the faces of the pompous elites. Serena smirked at me from across the floor. I nodded my head minutely. I liked that blonde. I was surprised to see her back though. "Bella" a velvety voice I loved spoke causing me to turn to Edward. He shook his head and blinked, indicating he would handle it. He stepped from around me and moved forward. Seeing this his family stepped in as well causing gasps to go around. I smirked as the elites got their first look of the beautiful family I had come to call my own.
"Mrs. Dawyer. It's plain to see where Bella gets her beauty from. I'm Edward and I apologize for the rude words Bella just uttered. She didn't mean them." My boyfriend said and glanced at me meaningfully. I smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry for the rudeness but I did mean the words. I love Edward I like any other and won't have the scandalous shit destroy his and his family's stay here. Their enemy is my enemy." The whole living area was a sea of gasps and murmurs as I uttered the love word for Edward. My mate smiled widely at me and kissed me lightly on the forehead. "Bella," Carlisle started, "is equally important to us as well. I am Carlisle, the head of the family and the foster father to these kids." He said as he extended a hand to my mother. With that everyone started to mingle and the party started again. Though every now and then we were subjected to stares and whispers. I led Edward to the back of the room to the lounge near the stairs. The kids of the party, mostly my group sat there. As soon as I entered the lounge, .....