E I G H T

"So What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well I was thinki- .." Daniel started But was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

"That's odd, are you expecting anyone?" I asked.

Daniel shook his head and so I took his hand, with Rose still in my arms, and walked downstairs.

"Ella, I'll open it. What if it's some monster?" He chuckled slightly.

I giggled. "I think I'll be able to handle it.."

I passed Rose to Daniel and opened the door.

I had to take a moment to process who was actually standing at the door and how they couldn't have been here at a worse time.

"Oh.. uh. Hey Zach." I took a quick glance at Daniel.

Zach had a slightly worried expression as he handed me the roses he had in his hands.

Daniel quickly walked away and I sighed.

"Hey Ella, I just wanted to say sorry. I'm so so sorry.." he tried to smile.

"It's okay Zach honestly, just ignore Daniel, I think he's in a mood." I said solemnly

I stepped aside to let him in when Jack popped up from behind Zach slightly making me jump.

"Actually, We were wondering if you guys wanted to come out with us; the boys and I wanted to go baby shopping with you guys.." Jack said.

I giggled, "how lovely, yes of course. What about Rose?"

Almost like in some sort of story, Gabbie peaked around from Jack's shoulder, it made me wonder how many people were actually behind Zach. Turns out, Gabbie was the last one.

"The girls and I will take care of her," she smiled happily.

"And you're leaving me with your cranky boyfriends?" I said raising my eyebrow.

"Well.. they all seemed pretty insistent that it would just be you and them.." she said.

"Oh really..." I said slightly put out but also flattered. "Well.. Okay."

Everyone smiled and I lead them all into the house.

"Boo!!" I called upstairs to Daniel.

"Wait, I thought Daniel was joking, you guys actually still call each other  that?!" Zach said placing the roses in a vase in the kitchen.

"Hey don't disrespect me Herron." I giggled punching him playfully in the arm.

Daniel walked down taking a few breaths after noticing the the young brown haired boy in the kitchen. He said nothing.

I sighed, "Daniel, Gabbie and the girls have offered to take care of Rose today whilst we go out with everyone else, sound good?"

He nodded half heartedly.

I smiled trying to keep the mood upbeat and gave Rose to Gabbie.

"If she could be back by 8, that would be perfect," I smiled as she opened the front door about to leave.

"Of course," she said before pulling me into a hug and whispering in my ear, "text me if it gets bad."

I nodded discreetly as she left before then turning around to face Daniel, Zach and Jack. The heated air was rising.

Daniel still stayed silent.

"Daniel this is pathetic." I said, "Zach did nothing wrong, honestly you're acting like a child."

He still said nothing.

"Dani, bro, I'm sorry, I really am."

Daniel just nodded.

Luckily the silent and slightly awkward air didn't stay for long, as it wasn't long before Jonah and Corbyn walked in after knocking on the door.

"Baby shopping then?" I said gathering my things and putting on my coat which could just about fit over the bump.

"I'm so excited !!" Corbyn and Jack squealed in sync earning a small giggle from everyone... except Daniel.

"Let's goo!!" Jonah said running to the Uber.

This day would be interesting...