T E N

d a n i e l ' s p o v :

waiting.

it was agony.

Thinking of her, of the baby.

I lowered my head until it met my hands. Tried to see darkness. Tried to see what she was seeing. Tried to find her in the depths of my despair.

— flashback —
"Hey Daniel, look at this!!" Corbyn shrieked holding up a NASA shirt for the baby boy. I smiled and simply nodded slightly overwhelmed at his excitement. I noted Ella's whereabouts making sure she was still in sight , she was on the other side of the store. I turned back to Corbyn as he picked up another basket as Jonah joined us smiling happily drinking his coffee.

I smiled at him noting the few things he had in his arms.

"You guys really don't have to buy all this." I said suddenly realising exactly how much Corbyn was about to spend. "Are you sure you want to spend this much?"

Except. At this point there was no time to answer as Jack paced up to me, grabbing me quickly by the hand and dragging me to an aisle. He said nothing but continued to walk sighing and seeming to breathe quite quickly.

I was confused....

that was until I turned the corner and saw her.
My princess.
Laying on the floor eyes shut. My first priority was to get her out of the arms of Zach and into mine, but my heart took time to sink before I could even regain the emotional strength to do so. Her eyes, perfectly closed, was she breathing? Yes. Breathing. I turned away for a second. The panic hadn't kicked in yet, but I sensed it coming when I heard the employees rushing to call 911. I turned back around and walked over. Calmly.

Zach looked at me and told me what happened. I stopped him though, I stopped him mid sentence by hugging him tightly trying my hardest to keep my composure with my pregnant wife laying on the floor unconscious in his lap.

"Thankyou Buddy." Was all I said.

I held her hand the whole way to the hospital. Not quite coming to terms with the current situation. Saying silent prayers and keeping to my thoughts; knowing that if I was to open my mouth, I would burst into tears.

She wasn't dead of course which I was more than grateful for, but this was what I had been loosing sleep over, the thought of this happening. Now that it was happening, it all felt like a dream. I held tightly to her hand. Shaking. Wanting nothing more then to see her beautiful eyes open and to tell her how much I love her. Wanting nothing more then to be at home, Just us two, both safe. I wanted Ella here. With me. Her, Rose and the baby. Right now.
— end of flashback—

"Ella Seavey? People waiting to see Ella Seavey?" A doctor walked out.

Her name. I took no time at all in getting up and walking over. Trying to see in his eyes and predict the next sentence to flow out of his mouth.

"She's doing well, the baby just needs a few more checks." he explained.

"a few more checks?" I gulped, "why?"

That was not what I was expecting. Everything was going to be okay, I told myself it would be. No this couldn't be right.

"Just a few more checks, won't be long." The doctor sounded sincere. Not a good sign.

I walked over to the water fountain avoiding all eye contact with the boys, knowing they would want the latest update.

I filled up the paper cup overwhelmed with emotion. I just wanted to see her.

Time was obviously going very slow in my head as I soon felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. Jonah.

"It's going to be okay, she's strong; you know she is. The baby is going to be fine too. Don't loose hope yet." He said taking the cup from my hands making me notice that I had spilt the water everywhere from my shaking hands.

"She only fainted. Zach was there to catch her, she didn't fall or hurt herself."

He was right.

I made my way back over to the boys and sat down and told them the news. They weren't half as nervous as I was which made me second guess my anxiety, but it didn't stop my heart pounding.

I looked at Zach.

"I'm sorry for how I have acted Zach. I've just been worried about Ella recently and-" He stopped me.

"It's okay Daniel," He said, "honestly, I get it."

I nodded; "Thankyou for being there when I wasn't." I smiled slightly and we hugged.