Chapter 12

chapter twelve - s e t h

"Where are they?" Warren asked.

"Going to change her bandages." I answered.

There were five of us going to a secluded spot in the forest. We were supposed to do reconnaissance. But, I had a feeling the two demigods had never done reconnaissance and succeeded in their life. I don't know. They seem more stab stab than watch from afar. I was ok with that, because I like action. Otherwise, these little excursions are boring. Warren, Kendra, Annabeth, Percy, and me were picked for the adventure. Last night, Dale had found an old scroll text detailing a witch's hut in the forest. It then said something about half bloods, but the rest was burnt. It wasn't much, but it was the only thing they found last night, poring over our records.

I turned, pulled out of my train of thought, to the slap of a door closing. Annabeth walked out, with new bandages and her orange shirt from the day she got here with shorts. Percy followed behind her, his clothes reminiscent of the prior day. I suspected that her dagger and his sword were concealed on them somewhere.

The frosty grass made a crunching noise they progressed towards us. The fairies flitted about, giving color to the plants, melting the iciness of the lawn. It almost looked summer again.

"Ready to go?" Annabeth asked, her hair swinging in her ponytail.

"Of course," Warren said, gritting his teeth. But not as much as before, when he talked to them. That's an improvement.

Everyone started walking. Warren then started refreshing our minds. "She's a witch, much like Murial. So she was once a mortal gone bad, basically. The text mentioned her and you guys, half-bloods, in the same paragraph, and that's good enough for me. She's limited to a small lake with an island in the middle. We will be conferring with her from outside her domain. That clear?"

A chorus of yeahs, yeses, and sures ensued.

We were all walking when suddenly a hamadryad ran out of a tree. She had a long black braid and a tree that seeming was made out of twisting birch tree limbs. She squealed with vigor and ran to the two demigods. "Percy! Annabeth!"

"Uh, yes?" Percy answered still kind of in a daze from walking.

"You need to help me! I've been wanting to Iris Message Mellie, but I have no drachmas! You have some right?"

Percy looked uncomfortable and shifted his feet. "Uh, can we come back to that? We have to do something." He gestured to the rest of the group.

Her face fell and then the frown was replaced by a look of joy. "You have to let me come with you! It's so annoying doing the same thing everyday! Besides, I want to talk about all my friends at Camp Half-Blood!"

"Camp what?" I asked. Did those two come from somewhere?

"Then it's settled!" She ran to the middle of our little pack, but farther back as to direct a conversation with Percy. "I'll come with. That way you'll have to repay me with those coins. I have no way of contacting anyone!"

My head was spinning from all the information she was spitting out. It'd be helpful to have her along, as I don't think, as much as I trust them two, they'd tell us the more important stuff. She would though. I don't think she has a filter.

━━━━━━★━━━━━━

don't forget to vote <33