Prologue

Orange leaves hang from the trees in a quiet little town known as Lexington. It's quiet, too quiet and Jimin hates it. Nothing ever happens. He promised himself that once he graduated from high school he would move away to the big city.

It was his dream, a dream that seemed unattainable. Especially to a fourteen year old. Jimin had barely started high school, he had no friends nor was he liked. He didn't mind though. He knew from the beginning that he was going to be alone.

It's always the same people, the same faces and the same voices. No one moved to a place like this. There was nothing to see and nothing to enjoy, at least not for him. He looked out of the car window.

His mother had just picked him up from mandatory sports class. He hated it. His school would obligate them to be physical at all times. He sighed as he leaned his head on the car door. "How was school Chimmy?"

His mother asked, looking at him through the rear mirror. "Fine I guess." He answered without looking at her. "Any new friends?" "No mom, you ask this all the time. No one wants to be my friend!"

Jimin yelled in an outburst. He was angry of the same old questions every single day. No one payed attention to him. They wouldn't even look at him, it's like he didn't even exist. He would much rather prefer to be bullied but he was non existent to everyone.

There was silence in the tight space of the car. Jimin sighed as he turned to look at his mother. "I'm. . . I'm sorry mom. I just. . . I don't want to be here anymore." Jimin's mother smiled sadly "I know honey, I know."

She didn't say anything else as she continued driving. Jimin sighed as he once again looked out of the car window. He felt guilty for talking back to his mother. Even if she does annoy him sometimes, she's still his mother and she's had it worse than he has.

She got pregnant with him at a young age. She raised him all by herself after she separated from a toxic relationship. He was glad and proud of his mom for packing their things and leaving his dad. But it did result in him living in this shitty town.

Jimin's thoughts were cut off when the car's engine shut off. He looked at the front car window and saw his small little two room house. His mother smiled and sighed "We're home." She said happily, exiting the vehicle.

"Yeah. . . home." Jimin exited the car and followed after his mother into the house. She immediately walked towards the kitchen, turning the lights on as she passed by. "I left some dinner for you so you can heat up when you're hungry.

Make sure not to sleep late okay? I know it's the weekend but you have to make sure to have plenty of rest. Lock all the doors and close-" "Close all the windows, I know mom." Jimin's mom smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead.