Confused

Chapter 3

I got home changed into my pjs, and layed down on the sofa, thinking of today's encounter. 

I turned on the t.v. to drain out the sound of loneliness...Yup! I live alone, in a cheap old apartment I got on rent for really cheap. Well, I was in college just a few months ago, and when your in college your trying to save as much money as you can. Of course, now that I have a reasonable job, I should find somewhere a little better to stay. Sure this apartment room #78, was cheap and all, but it definitely did deserve the price. It had a small living room, conjoined with the kitchen, a small bedroom, and a bathroom, the size of a bathtub. Yup, but nothing could beat the price of 5oo dollars a month, gas, electricity, and water bill included so I thought, hey what the heck. Yeah, the first day of my college, which was a couple of years ago, I realized that this apartment had quite an interesting history...of course, being me I found out after moved in.

It's said that there are a lot of criminals living in this apartment. So yeah, with that being said, someone was murdered in this exact room #78. I guess that's why I got it really cheap, but then again, the apartment room itself was pretty small too. Although, I guess since I didn't have much furniture, it didn't really bother me, and ever since college started, I have had no real problems, with robberies or any sort of crimes for that matter. In fact everyone is always super nice, they wave hi to me if they see me, not to mention it been pretty quiet. The only problems that I have encountered are technical such as sometimes the electricity goes out, water shuts down, umm mice and sometimes the water runs in weird colors, like red. I asked the landlord what that was all about, and he said it was normal in this apartment, so I just disregarded it, knowing not to question him too much. Although, after seeing the water run red that one time, I never used the tap water again for cooking or drinking, just to wash my hands and take showers.

Speaking of the encounters I've had, the one of today was actually, kind of overwhelming. That rule of conduct Max had was hard to digest. I mean right after he said the five rules, I left his office, after saying yes sir of course. But it's not like he was going to elaborate on the rules anyway. How was I supposed to follow some of those rules anyway? His words played in my head once again.

"Also, before you leave, remember my code of conduct

1. Be here one hour before me!

2. Have everything prepared before I get here.

3. Remember your status, which is below zero

4. You either reply "Yes" or "Yes Sir" got it?

5. Your an absolute nuisance to me! The only reason you're here, is because I can't change what I said, and I don't ever go back on my word

Like how on earth am I going to get to office one hour earlier than him when I don't know when he gets there? What am I supposed to get ready for him before he arrives? Okay well I know how to remember my status...How is me always replying in yes or yes sir, giving me an option?....and number 5....im going to try not to think of that one.

------------------------------

I'm here. I thought to myself walking into the empty floor. I wanted to be here one hour early because he told me to, but since I didn't know what time he came, I got here by 5:00. I walked in his office, surprised to see him holding some papers in his hand looking out the window.

Without even looking at me he said in an exasperated voice, "Your Late!"

"Um ye-but I will b-" He interrupted me.

"You forgot three rules already. 1 and 4, actually when you think about it you forgot 1-4. But right now lets focus on what you can fix! I said in rule number 4 you can only reply in 'yes or yes sir', you got that?!"

"YES!"

"Okay ,  go to my car and get my phone for me. I forgot it there when I came in the office this morning."

"What? Why?"