Uninvited

Maxs POV

She ran out of the bathroom.

The audacity... the pedestrian girl that she was! She should've been grateful! Girls would die to get noticed by me, and she got a kiss. Whats wrong with her!? I looked down to see the idiot had left one of her shoes sitting on the ground next to the bathtub.

I heard footsteps, and soon felt someones hands wrap around my chest.

"Maxy!!! Why do you keep running away from me!" I heard Shaylas voice.

She was hugging me.

I took her hands off, she was vexing to say the least.

"Stop following me, its annoying."

"Well Maxy were soulmates! You know that!"

I ignored her pesky comment and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashleys POV

Tears ran down my face, as I wandered aimlessly through the halls. I soon realized that I didn't know where I was going, and was now lost somewhere in this maze of  hallways. What time was it? How long had I been walking through this place, however long, it felt like forever. Tap Tap Tap, I suddenly heard running coming from behind me. 

"Hey Miss! Miss!" , I turned around to see the same blonde haired, blue eyed girl from before running at me, was she calling me? I turned back around to see if there was someone in front of me, there wasn't.

"Yeah, I'm talking to you haha", she said finally catching up to me, out of breath. "Oh what a pleasant surprise, its you again, your the one from the pool, I almost didn't recognize you with the new dress", she ended with a sincere smile.

"Oh ha ha", I let out some nervous laughter. Why did she come to see me? And how did she find me? Regardless, i'm grateful, she can lead me out of here.

"I'm sorry, how rude of me, I haven't introduced myself, my name is Shayla,  Shayla Gill" she extended her hand.

Even her name sounded prestigious, were all rich people gorgeous and perfect? Was that a thing?

"My names Ashley Ruby" I said as I shook her hand. " How did you find me?  I feel like i've been wandering around forever"

She giggled, "this house will do that to ya ,  I went to the bathroom and found this" she held up a high heel shoe. I looked down to my feet to see I was only wearing one, I must've forgot to put the other one on after what happened...

"Oh and the wet footprints helped a little too haha", she giggled. I stood speechless. She then put her hands on my shoulders and sat me down.

"A girl cant be too careless around here" she winked. She then grabbed my shoe less foot and began to put my shoe on me.

"No worries I can do it", I couldn't let someone of her standard put my shoe for me.

"Nonsense", she slapped my hand.

Then,  she stood me up, brushed me off, and we continued through the hallways.

"So your Max's Secretary... am I right?"

"Uh-yeah" I responded, not so sure myself at this point.

"Well you gotta be tough, Maxie has this real 'angry young man' personality that tends to scare people off, but hes a real softie I tell you" she looked off into nowhere giggling.

She must've been thinking of another Max, because from no angle did this Max seem soft.

"Uh if you don't mind me asking, whats your relationship with Max?" I wondered.