Prolouge

By now the rain had gone from a trickle to a roar.

    The moon had been completely blocked by the dark clouds, and now the only light was from the occasional flash of lightning. Rain banged on the bedroom like an angry mob wishing to confront those who had wronged them. If it got any worse, the windows would probably shatter and the storm would rudely come in.

    And all I could do was sit against the bookshelf and stare at it.

    My name is Kaito Shion, a name that meant Sound of the Ocean Tide, which is a little ironic due to my fear of the ocean. I turned twenty-two last week. I have a job making jewelry, rings and necklaces to be specific.

    And I live alone...

    I don't know exactly when I moved into this old house. My best guess was around when I was eighteen, on a night I dropped out of the music school I thought I'd love, and ran away into a sunflower field where I collapsed to cry until I fell unconscious. I can't say I remember finding this house though.

    I have family; two brothers. My little brother is Taito, at eighteen years old and my older brother is Akaito, at twenty-five years old. They're both really handsome and awfully sweet, but I don't see them often. I don't know why that is.

    I can't fall asleep tonight, I can never fall asleep; one of the many joys of being an insomniac. No amount of drugs, exercise or masturbation can tire me out. I just lie awake and stare at the glow-in-the-dark star stickers and paper planes on my ceiling. But not tonight. God, not tonight...

    Usually I like rain, I'd happily run outside while it's raining and be at one with nature. But in a storm like this, all I can do is cower like a scared puppy and cry.

    The storm banged at my window and yelled at me to let it in, but I didn't want to, god I didn't want to!

    "Leave me alone..." The words came out a whisper.

    A crash of thunder. My blue nails dug into my arms as tears fell from my eyes.

    "Leave me alone!"

    An even louder crash. I screamed. Out of rage and fear, I pulled my hair as quick breaths started to leave my mouth. Around me, daisies and grass creeped out the cracks of the floorboards and leaves came out of the ceiling. I laid against the floor in a fetal position as I started to sob pathetically.

    I don't want to be alone anymore...

    I don't want...

————

So some peeps were demanding more KaiLen. And here it is.

This prologue was strange you say? Because it's based off some of my original works and Owl City songs. So buckle up and get ready for a KaiLen Story that's probably nothing like any other one you've read!

Enjoy!