Chapter Nine

Naturally I told myself not to waste money on things I didn't need, all the time. That didn't stop me from buying that cute little pink dress in the window of some shop, I knew it was the one Len was staring at.

I decided to visit the garden he'd be at tomorrow so I could find something to work with; after all, it was flowers, I loved flowers.

Yet when I got to the garden... I honestly wasn't surprised.

    You didn't notice at first, but on closer examination you'd see the flowers here were all fake. Only a few flower beds had real flowers, but those were half wilted. There were trees here too, but they didn't look like they were well taken care of, the leaves all over the ground were a clear sign of that.

   "How can they call this a garden...?"

    I saw some kids close by that carelessly tossed candy wrappers into the plants. Then I saw a little girl drop a soda in a flower bed before crying and getting dragged away by her mom.

   "How cruel..."

   The people of this city went through the trouble of creating a garden and they weren't even taking care of it. It was like getting a dog and abusing it until it starved to death...

   In one of the beds I spotted white carnations, bent over and slowly wilting away. I got down by them, both heartbroken and disappointed.

   "You're all so young, this place hurts doesn't it...?"

   I carefully brushed my fingers against the petals of one of the carnations; focused on the soft, gentle, soothing aura of the white...

Headache; feedback pulse; world spinning.

The carnation slowly stood back upright, and it's lovely white petals opened up. Encouraged by the little carnation, the other ones surrounding slowly stood up too and bravely showed off their petals.

I smiled but it faltered the moment my nose started bleeding. I did this twice in one day... I was really pushing a limit. I couldn't let anything else upset me today to the point where I use my... skill to fix something out of my hands...

I bet Len would be terrified if he knew about this... or maybe he'd love it, just like he loved all the other weird things I did...

Anyone else would find me strange... but Len would love me either way...

I really did smile then. I kept smiling as I left the sad garden and went to my car. On the way out of the city I heard a faded blast, almost like an explosion. My smile went away.

I had to get ahold of this insane skill...

————

Short quick chapter because tomorrow is Kaito's 13th Anniversary~~! Stay tuned! ❤️🍦