Chapter Five

I didn't want to bring Len back home... I wanted him to stay more than anything... but I followed his instructions and brought him to where he wanted to go.

It was that wealthy neighborhood full of the high ranking people in the city; from the restaurant owners to the business CEOs. I didn't like the people here, not with their scary words about removing forests for stupid shopping centers...

"Remember what I said?" Len said to me in the car.

"I have three days to change your mind... and if I do you disappear with me..." I said silently.

Len put a hand over mine, I saw the ring I made still on his finger.

"Will you be ok, Kaito?"

I felt like I was standing on ice covered precipice slowly beginning to freeze while a cold, unforgiving breeze threatened to send me off the cliff to an awful death... I hadn't even realized when my hands started shaking and my heart rate was speeding.

"Kaito?" I glanced at Len upon hearing him say my name again. "Will you be ok?"

I slowly breathed in and eased my nerves, able to muster a small smile for him.

"I'll be ok..."

Len rubbed his thumb against my fingers. He was just about to get out the car but stopped, as if he was hesitating. Then he looked at me again, smiled and got closer, pulling my scarf down from my face.

"H-Hey, what are you—!"

Soft hands cupped my face and warm lips touched mine; only for a second, yet I felt like I was out of a horrible cave in and into a warm mountain range beneath a sky full of sunlight and a summer rain...

"Some motivation for you. Good luck,"

Len got out the car and went toward one of the lavish houses and disappeared inside. I sat there blank faced as I brought my fingers to my lips and I didn't know what to do. Before I could even react, waterfalls were beginning to drip from my eyes and I felt emotions I couldn't describe.

    Halfway on the drive home, I stopped by the Umbrella Beach; I called it that because of all of the discarded umbrellas that had no homes. I stood at the railing, looking out to the sandy umbrella graveyard and out to the blue ocean taunting me with its waves...

I absentmindedly slipped my shoes off while staring at the mocking sight. I pulled my scarf off and tied it to the railing before walking toward the small stairs to the beach. My feet touched warm sand and a frisson went down my back; I haven't felt like this in so long...

I walked until the warm sand became jagged rock; I don't care how many scars I'll have on my feet in the end. When I finally stopped I was at the water. I stared into the deep blue; like the blue blue Inbetween where poor little girls were sent to by bloody hands. I turned around. I shut my eyes. I fell backwards.

The blue surrounded me and forcibly pulled water bubbles from my eyes.

I screamed.

————

Apologies for the short chapter and long wait. My original writing style is... odd, and it takes time to form my words properly and think of what I want to say.
Plus I've been really invested in one of my other book.
Stay tuned. ~❤️