Chapter 1

Dedicated to HPVamp24, who guessed the POV for the introduction. It's actually Dana's POV, the mortal who is the real reason why Clarence was born.

Oooh, yeah and I can't wait for Blood of Olympus to be released. Hey, can a child of Kronos out there speed up time???

➳ ➳ ➳

Chapter 1

Clarence

            Sometimes I wonder why the narration of my life always starts with something harsh, filled with grief and sadness. I still remember about a year ago, the dilemma started when I accidently spilled coffee on a certain daughter of a rich businessman. She was furious that day – I can literally see steam coming from her ears. With her sharp claws, she towed me out of the school and threw me headfirst into the mud. And it was raining, adding to the misery of the scene. The girl – me – looked pathetic, being abused and tortured, in everyone’s eyes. Their faces always showed pity and concern though it only stopped there. Where have their courage gone to?

            My situation now is not very different from before. Instead of being surrounded with concerned expressions, I am alone. And I’m the only one in my right mind who would trudge through the heavy pouring rain right now. Let me make everything clear. I just woke up from a nap a while ago and didn’t notice the time. It took me a few minutes to realize that Chiron needs me in the Main Quarters at this time. I made haste dragging a brush through my tangled hair and shrugging on my thick jacket. I thought then that I wouldn’t need an umbrella. But now, I’m making long fast strides through the field, a hood over my eyes and my teeth gritted in the cold downpour.

            I’m utterly convinced that Zeus isn’t in a good mood right now, the same with Mr. D. That’s okay. I’m also in a frustrating mood right now, but the weather doesn’t help at all. Stuffing my cold hands in the pockets of my jacket, I speed up into a slow run, still careful not to trip on anything. The droplets blur my vision as I scowl up into the heavens. Seriously, a rainfall right now? I had to force myself to get out of bed despite my drowsiness. Thanks a lot, dear gods. My anger rises up into a higher level that I feel like shooting something right now. I just have my bow and arrows here . . .

            Anyway, I just hope the rain will benefit me later on. So, I won’t stay and ramble on and on about the rain and how pissed off I am today.

            After a few more steps, I finally reach the comforts of the Main Quarters. Stopping at the front steps of the pavilion, I take a sigh of relief – and to calm myself down. I look back at the gorgeous scenery of the camp (ahem, sarcasm, ahem). It feels cold and alone with only few people around here. But it’s the school year after all. Where the hell will I go? Stay at camp, of course. There’s just this con that I have practically nobody to talk to. Lately, I don’t care about that.

            What’s left to wonder about is why Chiron needs me. And why me? It could be anyone. Like Matt. A son of Zeus would be better than a girl who shouldn’t have existed at all. For all I know, Halliope might have received a prophecy involving me. Yeah, maybe that. For the past few weeks, they just let me linger in my cabin, wallowing in my sorrows and grief. Though, I’ve felt useless all for the past two months. I just did nothing but bury myself in sufferings. And I kinda deserved that.

            I turn back to the building in front of me again. The sound of the drops splashing against solid fades as I disappear into the entrance. The interior seems almost unfamiliar and the features are dull than I remember. My bright blue orbs peek on the slightly ajar rooms until I came across the Oracle of Delphi.