Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Calvin

One week. I quickly reply to her in Greek.

I'm talking to Clarence again. Good thing, I found stardust on my window sill tonight. I've been doing this for a week now, and we've been exchanging news. There are a couple of playful jokes every now and then, too.

She told me about serving her mother as a some kind of assistant. She acts like the hunters' leader whenever Artemis is unavailable and she manages the stars. Clarence didn't lose her immortality when her mother came back so she earned the title of being the minor goddess of stars. Not only that, she also has her own star castle in outer space.

I updated her daily about Lou, who I haven't seen ever since I came to her house. I tried to go to her house again, but no one was answering. She was missing for a week now. I don't bother to tell Alex or Liam, who are living in their new apartment now.

And she disappeared just like that? She didn't say anything? Clarence writes back, in Greek. Unlike the others (Mom and Alex) she didn't tease or hint about Lou. She's quite cool about it but she's a little protective because of her past breakup with my brother.

I don't think I should worry, I tell her. I've gotten used to writing on the sill now. I could already send the messages faster. When talking to Clarence, I feel like I've made another friend.

Why not?

She texted me she'll be gone for a while, I reply. I got her number the day before she left. I haven't called or texted her, so I wouldn't disturb her.

Well, okay. But you know how to contact me if anything happens to her, Clarence messages. I chuckle a little at her response. I can't really contact her unless she puts stardust on the window sill.

Clarence?

What is it?

I hesitate for a while before writing, Can you give me any advice about Lou? I'm sure Clarence has some kind of experience in relationships but if she refuses to be reminded of that, I won't push her.

It takes longer for Clarence to reply. So you do like her?

There's no point in denying it. But she'll be the only person I'll tell that to. Yeah, I do...But I just met her.

Maybe you should think about it first. Isn't it too quick? Clarence asks.

I remember Liam and Alex's relationship. It only took a couple weeks for them to get together. And even in the early stages, the sexual tension between them was already thick. I guess the rivalry of Vade and Scarlet helped that. But even if they got together quickly, they had at least three breakups and makeups the past year.

I don't know. Do you think this is going too quick? I hopelessly tell Clarence.

I'm not the best love adviser, she says, but I think you remember Alex and Liam.

What I like about her is that even we're so far from each other, she and I are somehow alike. Yeah, I do, I write, they got together right away.

I think it's because they are perfect for each other. You might think destiny and soulmates are bull, but in my world, they're real. If the chemistry between two people are strong, they're bound to be together. Clarence explains.