Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Calvin

            When I wake up the next morning, my mind drift towards my conversation with Clarence. She was patient last night, allowing me to tell as much as I could about the past two years. She didn't tell me much about her life now; she just said that her mom was back and she wasn't that busy anymore. I'm already crossing my fingers that we'll talk again tonight.

            But I haven't forgot about Lou. She said she is going to come over today.

            I get showered and dressed then I head out my room. Since I moved to Alex's old room, Mom and I decided to convert my old room to a guest room. And that's where Alex and Liam are staying the night. Who knows what they're doing in that small room...

            The door to their room suddenly opens. Out comes Alex, her hair disheveled and she's wearing a button up a few sizes too big for her. She yawns while scratching her head. "Is that Liam's shirt?" I stare at her.

            She blushes furiously, tugging the hem of the shirt down. Did I mention that she's probably not wearing any shorts under that? "Um, yeah," she mumbles shyly.

            Alex gets over her embarrassment right away and cocks an eyebrow at me. She stares at me up and down, a look of shock evident in her face. "It's eight o'clock," she says slowly.

            "Yeah?"

            "And it's summer," her tone sounds surprised.

            I roll my eyes, "Tell me something I don't know."

            "Why are you up?!" she asks me incredulously. "And you're already dressed!"

            "Is there something wrong with that?" I retort. Gee, I got up early in a summer day and she acts like I just admitted committing a murder. What is wrong with women.

            "Hold up," Alex gives me a onceover again. "Are you really Calvin? Like Calvin Harper?"

            I sigh exasperatedly, "No, he got abducted by Megan Fox."

            "Don't try sarcasm with me, young man." She blocks the way, hands on her hips. Suddenly, she throws her head back and laughs, "Calvin, my brother, is actually out of bed on summer without anyone forcing him to? I never thought I'd see the day."

            Yeah, yeah, Calvin's out of bed, it's the apocalypse.

            "You can laugh all you want when I'm gone." I scowl at her, "Now let me pass." I try to go forward, but she blocks me.

            I catch a whiff of her scent. "You even smell like Liam!"

            She blushes a little but she doesn't falter. "Don't try to change the subject. Why the hell are you out of bed. And you're even dressed!"

            "Get out of my way," I snap at her. I'm want to go to Lou's and fetch her there or maybe convince her that we'll stay at her place and hang out. I actually woke up at seven, but all I did was lie down in bed, thinking about Clarence, Lou and the other things going on. When the clock struck eight, I made up my mind to go to Lou's instead. I just hope she's awake already.

            But of course I'm not telling Alex that.

            "I'm won't do that unless you tell me." She says.