35.

"How does it feel?", I asked Sweet Pea curiously, a wide grin forming on my lips, "You know, dating the leader of the Serpents?"     

The couple was in Izzy's room and Izzy was standing near the door with her jacket on while Sweet Pea sat on the bed, his head leaning against the headboard.     

Sweet Pea laughed at his girlfriend's question, "Well, it makes me love you even more than I already did. If that's even possible," He confessed to her and Izzy turned to face him, "We stuck by each other through it all and I was there when you joined the Serpents, I witnessed you run the gauntlet, If anyone deserved to be the Queen of the Serpents, it's you."    

Izzy smiled at Sweet Pea, causing the tall Serpent to smile also. His eyes trailed down to the leather jacket she was wearing over her tank top, "And that makes you even hotter, too." He complimented her quietly and Izzy could already tell which direction he was heading in.      

"Well we have to go to school and I don't want to be late.", I said while I walked out of our room.

****

All of the students were gathered in the gym for their assembly. Izzy sat in between Fangs and Sweet Pea on the bleachers while Toni sat to Sweet Pea's right with her girlfriend, Cheryl, by her side. Betty, Jughead, and Veronica all sat behind the group along with Reggie and Moose.   

The River Vixens had just finished their cheer, which led to the crowd applauding for them as they went off to stand on the side. Principal Weatherbee clapped also as he stood at the wooden podium in the middle of the gym, "Students, Faculty and Staff," He spoke up, looking around at all of the students in the bleachers, "Before we inaugurate Archie Andrews as our new student council president, please rise for our National Anthem."     

Everyone stood up from their seats, including Sweet Pea and Izzy. They placed their right hand on their heart and watched as Josie McCoy got up from her seat beside Archie. She walked up to microphone in front of the podium before she began to sing.     

Everyone in the gymnasium shared a confused look when they saw a bunch of deputies enter, led by the town's new Sheriff, Sheriff Minetta. The male officers walked over to Archie and immediately grabbed him by the arms. Izzy knew right away what they were doing. They were arresting him. But for what though?      

"What the hell is going on?", Izzy asked both Fangs and Sweet Pea, who seemed to be just as confused as she was.     

As the two deputies began to cuff Archie Andrews, Sheriff Minetta stood in front of him. By then, Josie stopped singing,

"Sheriff Minetta, what are you doing?" Archie asked the male confused.    

"Archie Andrews, you are under arrest for the murder of Shadow Lake resident, Cassidy Bullock." Sheriff Minetta explained to him.