Day 9 (Matt [Mail Jeevas] - Death Note)

Day 9: Number 10 ignored you all the time?

Character: Matt [Mail Jeevas]

Anime: Death Note

----

“Matt!” Ashlei called, not wanting to get up from her seat. After about a minute of silence she groaned, rising from the couch. She walked into the next room over, cell phone in hand. “Matt!” she called again.

“Hmm?” Matt asked, his focus still on the gaming system in his hands.

“I’ll have him call you back,” Ashlei said to the person on the other end of the phone, hanging up. She walked over to the green eyed male, glaring at him. “What are you doing?”

“Battling a boss,” Matt said simply, mashing buttons.

“Aren’t you supposed to be doing something for Mello?”

“Probably.”

Ashlei grabbed the system from the taller male, closing the top of it.

“What are you doing?!” Matt shouted as he stood up, attempting to get it back.

Ashlei held it behind her back. “That was Mello who just called. He wanted to know how your progress was going.”

Matt dropped his arms back down to his sides. “It’s coming along.”

Ashlei raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure? At this point, I bet Mello and Saeko are getting more work done than you are.”

Matt sighed, sitting back down. “Calm down. I can handle it.”

Ashlei shook her head. “Show me some results and you can have this back.” She held up his gaming system, waving it in the air.

Matt looked up at the system with a longing expression. “But what about the boss battle-“

“As long as the system is closed, it’ll stay paused. If I were you, I’d hurry and actually get some work done before it dies.” Ashlei walked out of the room with the confiscated system.

“Awwh, come on. You like video games too, you should know how cruel this is!”

“Better hurry,” Ashlei teased, walking out of earshot.

Matt looked down at the assortment of papers and laptops in front of him. He groaned as he stretched, finally motivated to work on what needed to be done.