Day 4 (Near [Nate River] - Death Note)

Day 4: Number 5 cooked you dinner?

Character: Near [Nate River]

Anime: Death Note

----

Ashlei sat in a chair going through some information in a folder for the umpteenth time. She groaned, closing the folder while turning to face her pink haired friend. “How are things coming on your end, Saeko?”

Saeko kept silent as she tapped her foot, focusing on the screen in front of her.

“Saeko?” Ashlei asked, standing up and walking towards the oblivious female. She noticed the cords connected to her phone and sighed, ripping them out of her friend’s ears.

“Eep!” Saeko jumped. She turned to face the taller female, fear in her eyes. Once she noticed who it was, her eyes narrowed. “What was that for?!”

“We’re supposed to be working,” Ashlei stated, dropping the headphones.

“You know music helps me to think!” Saeko countered, pulling her headphones back.

“You still need to be able to hear me when I’m calling you.” She glanced at the screen Saeko had been so concentrated on a moment ago. “Were you playing a game on the computer?!”

Saeko crossed her arms, pouting slightly. “Yeah. So what? Near’s not in the room right now.”

“That doesn’t mean you can just slack off!” Ashlei crossed her arms as well, glaring right back. Then, Saeko’s words hit her. “You know, now that you mention it, Near has been gone for a while.”

“Oh, I see how it is. You get on my case for slacking off but not Near’s.”

“Shut up,” Ashlei said, waving her comment off.

Suddenly, Near walked into the room carrying a couple boxes of pizza.

“You brought food?” Ashlei questioned, raising an eyebrow.

“I figured you two were getting hungry so I had Gevanni pick these up. After all, it’s almost midnight.”

Ashlei glanced over at the clock, confirming the time. “I didn’t even realize.”

“Help yourselves,” Near said, walking back towards his work station on the floor.

Saeko jumped up from her seat, heading for the stack of pizza boxes.

“You’re not going to have any?” Ashlei asked.

“I’m not hungry,” Near stated, sitting down in his usual position.

Ashlei shrugged, making her way towards the pizza. “Thanks.”

Near simply nodded as he continued his tower made out of dice.