Cultural Festival Fight?

Lunette sighed and stared out of the classroom's window. It was the day of the cultural festival and soon the school gates would open to welcome the hordes of people who probably mostly came because they got to see the inside of a prestigious, expensive school. Lunette couldn't see the gate from the classroom as the window faced the side of the building and not the front.

Turning her head, Lunette surveyed the loud room full of excited and nervous chatter. All the boys were dressed in their costumes. It was a comical sight to see so many different types of people conversing harmoniously which made Lunette question why there was a dress code since rich people could definitely afford to wear their personality however they wanted. Everyone was surprised that Kip loved skinny jeans; he dressed so hipster it was shocking. There should have been a 'before and after' photo shoot to really compare.

The girls were supposed to be dressed as maids and they got to wear whatever design they wanted as long as it was appropriate. Some girls decided to go with lace and poofy skirts or elegant with fine material and a few others, such as Lacey, chose to be more conservative in their attire with longer skirts but that allowed for more design.

Unfortunately, the delivery order got mixed up and two butler costumes came instead of maid dresses so Lunette was one of the two butlers in the room in a black suit and tie. She didn't really mind. In her heart, Lunette knew that, even if she wore the most gorgeous gown in the world, if Sol didn't like it, she wouldn't want to wear it. She didn't want his approval per say but his opinion meant a lot to her. It seemed Lunette somehow slowly grown closer to Sol since their time together at the school and she, in turn, cared about him more.

"I don't like dressing up." Janice stated while smoothing out invisible wrinkles in her black skirt. Gigi was tying the giant white bow in the back of Janice's dressing, holding a pencil between her teeth.

"Ith not yike yure coss dething," Gigi scrunched her nose at the bow she produced.

"What?" Janice tried to turn around but Gigi spun her forward by her shoulders so Gigi could examine her work to make sure the outfit was perfect.

"I said, It's not like you're cross dressing," Gigi stuck the pencil behind her ear. "This isn't straight. Lunette, you do it. I have to find some of the missing boys." Gigi stormed off in her tuxedo, her brown, shoulder length hair peeked out from beneath her wig at each heavy footfall. If Gigi didn't calm down, it would take precious time to completely put the wig bag on. Lunette moved as little as possible so her hair didn't fall out from beneath her wig since she had so much hair to begin with.

"I'm surprised the expert of our theme is completely MIA," Janice faced her back to Lunette who retied the bow. Thinking of Sol stung.

"He'd die if he saw you in a maid outfit," Janice giggled, holding her gloved hand over her mouth to keep from laughing too loud.

"Knock it off," Lunette swatted Janice playfully. She didn't know how Sol would react to her in a maid costume but she wasn't so sure she wanted him to see her as a butler either.

"The gates open in ten minutes!" One of the school council members ran down the hall with a megaphone shouting the countdown.

"Oh crud," Gigi stormed back through the door. "Where are those idiots?!"

"Look!" Janice tugged Lunette over to the window. It was hard to see from their window's vantage point but the mass of people waiting outside the gates had created a long line along on the sidewalk that almost turned the corner of the building by their window. "This is bad. This is really really bad."

"Why," Lunette questioned. Though her stomach rolled in unease and nervousness, she thought the large masses was a good thing. So many people wanted to come see what Bosworth High had created for their first ever cultural festival. "We'll get paid well with this many people coming in."