chapter 13

waiting

that's all this was.

waiting until something happened. until bright spoke. until u heard an alarm. until lunch was brought.

it was just waiting. I couldnt sit still anymore. i was so bored. i was itching for something to keep me entertained. sure bright was neat and all  but he had told me endlessly that he couldnt make an appearance in this cell, especially not after last time.

a flush a blood shot to my face. last time.

it certainly was entertaining. bright really had no filter, or much of a control over what he decided to do or what rules he broke. I shook my head to clear those thoughts away. jeez, I must be quite bored to be thinking of that.

I turned in pace. this was horrible. last time I'd been this bored I nearly broke an arm after turning into a bird and getting it twisted in my chains. you know the thought wasnt that bad. at least the pain would distract me.

I let out a groan of protest and let myself slump against the wall, running my hands through my now lengthy (color) hair. they wouldnt even bother giving me a hair cut.

a quiet beep echoed though by cell, and I looked to the camera. "going to taunts me, now?" he said, annoyance evident in my voice. the sound of a dramatic gasp of pain could be heard from the microphone.

"(your name), I am hurt to hear such venom coming from those lovely lips of yours," a voice as smooth as silk spoke into the mic. I turned my face and leaning my cheek against the cool tile of my shower wall. at least they gave me a more human cell. "now now, that's no way to treat someone you love," bright sang, and I couldnt help an amused smirk at my lips.

"maybe if I had something to entertain myself, I can only read the same four books so many times before growing sick of them," I answered, and a pause was held.

"do you want some new ones? I can put in a request, on the account of your agitation," bright said, voice now a little softer, and empathetic. i smiled a little more. at least someone was looking out for me, even if they were the one monitoring my captivity.

"sure, bright, that would be nice," he said, looking to the camera again. although I couldnt see him, I could tell he was smiling. or maybe he wasnt, but having sat here for a little over a month, I'm pretty sure I knew bright.

"ahem, that jack, to you," he answered playfully. I rolled my eyes.

i moved myself upwards, stretching my back and letting out a hum of satisfaction.

"sexy," I heard from the speaker.

"and I'm sure youd love to watch me take a shower," I replied, leaning against the wall and staring at the camera.

"would i--"

"tough luck, I'm not showering in front of you,"

a childish whine echoed from brights end, and I smirked. I pushed back my hair and moved away from my shower to a chair that had a book sat on the arm of it. I sat down and rested my eyes, going back to what bright had said a while back. mental diaries. while I coudknt remember each and every one I had made, it help get menthriugh a day of boring nothingness  and how to get back to the outside world.

although hanging around with bright was good and fun, wearing a collar and being treated like a dog wasnt my choice if an ideal life. I sighed softly. where was 049? you would think the foundation would have found him by now. i opened my eyes and glanced to the camera. I traced my fingers over the cover of my book. it was a silly story, not something I played much mind to.

I told up and shook myself, swiftly changing into s common household cat. although I was being provided with a shower, I wasnt fond of bright watching. although close to him, it was still unnerving knowing he could see me at anytime. so, a cat it was. I set to cleaning myself, though my bath was interrupted by a small beep.

"aww, how cute," I heard bright coo. I rolled my eyes and continued. "you know, I could supply you with a bathing rope  if your that uncomfortable," he offered, and I must've shown my excitement at the thought, as his voice cut in a gain. "the bathing robe being me, though," I hissed and quickly finished my much needed bath, annoyed with brights incessant flirting. a swift reform and I slid off the chair, beginning my pacing.

an alarm filled the air with sound and I looked to my cell door. damn, not me yet? i sighed and stretched, listening at the alarm continued to blare. this one sure was taking its time getting recontained.

"all security personal reports north wing, there is a semi major breach!"

ah, I see. i was in the east wing, with more I'd the humanoids. there wasnt many breaches here.

the north wing... I couldnt quite remember...

"hey brig-- "

"sorry (your name), they might need me for some bait, behave, will you?" he said, before shutting all the lights off and disconnecting the mic. right. I sighed and turned to look around the dark. that wouldnt do. i shifted to a cat, my night vision much better like this. i curled up on the chair, my tail tapping in agitation as the alarm continued to blare. ugh, what an annoyance.

I looked to the door, blinking slowly, before soon falling asleep.

third person view

the son old doctor was almost ready to return to the dreaded foundation. with a narcotic gas and a helpful distraction, it would be easy to reclaim what was his, what belong to him.

he wasn't going to let them rot within that hell hole. they would be his, his only.

with a quiet whisper of their name, another of the many utterings from him that hour, he made his trek to the new site location. he was weary, but determined, and unwilling to give up just yet.

another call of their name fell past his lips as he continued his hike.

"(your name)."

and that's chapter 13, I'm gonna try my hardest to put out a valetines day chapter, though it may be a bit late, hopefully not!》