6

in english i looked around and she didnt seem to be here which was kinda depressing. the only people in my english class that i knew were geo and christian, who are friends with julian and, like him, are kinda assholes too. but in chemistry which was 2nd period she was sitting diagonally in front of me, and like a complete weirdo i couldn't get my eyes off her. i tried not to make it obvious that i kinda liked her because some of julians friends were in this class.

at lunch, as usual, i sat by myself eating my mac n cheese. i saw the girl sitting with andrea, my sister, and some other girls. ok, i know i hardly know her and the only reason i like her is because she's pretty, but she has this kind of vibe about her which i find super cool. i was kinda glad that she had already made friends on her first day. and i was hopeful that i would be able to get close with her one day.

"weird boy, tell mom that me and l the gang are going to the mall after school."

"sure, whatever julian."

"its a shame that you dont have any friends of your own. what kind of person wants to be friends with a loser dork like you?"

"leave me the fuck alone."

"whatever, rat boy."

i forced every cell in my body not to get up and smack that stupid boy who i unfortunately have to call my brother.

after eating my mac and cheese, i chucked my rubbish in bin and was about to leave the cafeteria to go catch up on some studying, when i heard julian yell, "you fucking nerd, what the fuck was that for ?"

i instantly turned around and saw that the entire cafeteria was staring and laughing at julian who was covered in mac and cheese, which i have to admit was kinda fun. karma is a bitch after all.

but who did julian call a nerd, i hear you ask ? none other than that beautiful girl from my chemistry class. she ran out of the cafeteria, her face filled with tears. before i could do anything, all i could think of was how much of a dork i am, because at this moment i was way too shy and afraid of her thinking im a dork to go up to the girl and ask if she was okay.

julian and his stupid "gang" of friends were laughing their heads off. even though i have never actually spoken to this girl in my life, i felt so bad for her and i could only begin to imagine how she must be feeling right now.

jovani, do you really want this innocent girl to feel like this ? go talk to her. she might like you. or she might not. then again, you are a huge nerd. if everyone at school hates you there's a huge chance she will too.

as much as i hate my inner voice, i felt like there was nothing more i could do to help in this situation than to go and talk to her.