7

with sweat dripping down my back, i stumbled over to the beautiful girl, who's friends had just left her for some reason and her head was in the palms of her hands. i felt a tight pain in my stomach.

"heyy..." i awkwardly managed to say.

she turned her head to look up at me, her eyes filled with tears, her face red, her nose sniffling and her mouth panting heavily.

"hey," she said sniffling.

i was about to say something, but i felt a lil awkward just standing there so i went to sit down on the bench next to her.

i tried to find the right words to say, but all i could think of was how much of an inconvenience to her i feel right now. my stomach was doing somersaults and sweat dripped down the back of my neck. eventually, i just about managed to say, "are you okay ?" even though, that is a really stupid question to ask, considering she is clearly a heartbroken girl who's face is full of tears.

"tbh not really. things could be a lot better for me right now." she gave an awkward little cute smile at the end which made me feel a lil bit more comfortable.

"its okay. thats my dumb twin brother, julian. he thinks he's a lot better than everyone else. im jovani by the way."

"hey, im jasmine. and yeah i was a bit confused because you two really do look a lot alike."

"that's not the first time i've heard that, believe me," i said, to which i felt a sharp pain in my stomach after saying because it just sounded so awkward. however, to my relief, jasmine giggled.

"haha, so ... julian isnt a nice guy ?"

"nope. well, he is to his 'gang' but not to me. and unfortunately not for you either, im guessing."

"oh, well im glad i know that now. i guess people arent always as nice as they seem."

"yeah true, but seriously, julian ? nice ? those words should never be used in the same sentence."

jasmine let out a huge laugh and then i joined her. we started having a casual conversation just like how any normal friends would, even though this was the first time we ever made contact. to my surprise, it wasnt awkward at all. it was so chilled and calm and pleasant. i felt so comfortable talking shit about julian and about other random stuff to her. my stomach stopped churning and i felt fully relaxed. was this a miracle?

no, jovani. this isnt a miracle.

she is.