9

reagans pov

"guys im not sure this is a good idea. it kinda seems wrong to do this to an innocent person."

me and my friends are standing in a small circle at the start of school. theres this girl who everyones talking about and we're pretty sure shes new. i mean, i personally think she seems nice ...? but i dont think my friends particularly feel the same.

"reagan, babe, it'll be fun." said april, twirling her hair and smirking mischievously at the new girl.

"yeah, all we're gonna do is pretend to be her friend and be all into her and shit, but then BOOM, we ditch her and make her the saddest anyones ever been," said hailee, smiling and giggling with the other two.

"but, like, don't you think it's wrong ? imagine how hurt she could b-"

"sis, oh my god. are you even hearing yourself right now ? what's with you and being all goody-goody ? have a bit a fun, reagan. chill. be popular like us." said andrea.

"do you wanna spend the rest of this grade being a goody two shoes nerd while being hated by everyone in the school ?" said april.

at this point all three of them were just laughing uncontrollably at me like idiots. like they were judging me. my own friends. as much as i love my friends, i dont get why they gotta act so bitchy towards random innocent people all the time. see, the thing is, most people think our group is full of queen b's who are so popular and wear tonnes of makeup and go to parties and hang out with boys and sneak out and go to victorias secret and make fun of nerds. but like, we're really not. kinda. well, in my eyes, i see us as a bunch of teenage girls just having fun and chatting freely. most of the time. i cherish those moments wholeheartedly. but sometimes they tend to make fun of loads of people in our school. not as much as bullies or the actual "popular" kids would, but it sickens me to see people i love acting mean towards innocent other people. i tend to feel really guilt when this happens, because obviously im not that kind of person to be bitchy to others but i do love my friends very much, but only for their good qualities that i first saw back in 1st grade. ah, elementary school. those sure were the days. nah but like for real though, things were different back then. my friends were nice to everyone. we knew the difference between right and wrong. we would play hopscotch together and giggle and mess about like the sweet innocent kids we used to be. but then we grew up. and when people grow up, they change. for the better or for the worse. i hate to admit it, but quite often i feel like my friends have changed for the worse. i just wish there was something i could do to bring out the goodness in all of them.

right now, i have a really tough decision to make. i could either: choose to trust my friends and fake being the new girls friend, meaning that she will lose in the long run and i will feel a huge burden of guilt after it, but my friends wouldnt hate me for it. or i could not listen to my friends and genuinely be kind to the new girl, meaning that my friends will hate me forever but the new girl will be sorta happy. the only thing is, would i be happy ?

time is ticking. im stuck as whether to be loyal to someone ive never met or be loyal to my own friends since day one. morality or immorality. popular or unpopular. successful or unsuccessful. fake or genuine. AGH LORD PLEASE SAVE ME. WHAT DO I DO ?

a/n: oooo cliffhanger ! will reagan stay obedient to her friends or do the right thing and be nice to jasmine ?