Chapter 3: Changed

Angeline POV

Oh, would you look at that?

Even I can't believe what I'm seeing in the mirror. Within just a year, I was able to transform from a dusty, hideous piece of shit to... this!

God, look at those sexy curves! The smile. The hair. The clear skin.

Salamat sa tulong ni Xyza, I have been to the best dermatologist in the province. I hired a stylist, personal trainer and I arranged plans with my dentist for my braces to be taken off quicker.

It was all very worth it! It is easy to say it but it was hard throughout the whole thing. There were days where I would get upset because of the little progress I have done... because I wasn't at the stage where I wanted to be yet.

I guess, it is the grit that kept me going 'till the end.

Without even realizing it, I have transformed into the state I've always wanted to be in. This beautiful, glorious state.

"Hi! Are you a transferee? Parang di kita nakita last year." one full-gutted fuckboy from one of my classes asked.

As a response, I shot my brow up to him and slowly turned to show him my ID. Asshole. Di nga ako pinapansin nito last year e, seatmate at naging lab partner ko pa. Ang lakas ng loob niya na mag-hit sa akin!

I kept mum as I anticipated for his reaction.

"Wha- What!? You're Angeline Luces? Whoa! Ibang iba ka talaga ngayon... You look nothing like last year. No. I mean, uhm, you look good." he stuttered a bit as he kept his eyes dazed into my ID then to my face.

Sus. Asshole. 

With what happened, come to think about it... boys are really just boys. Tignan mo ang isang 'to, a prime example, when they see someone with nice legs they just go for it. They always just go for something that is superficial. They just go for something that is beautiful... but is there really nothing other than that? Nothing deeper than that?

I sighed as I curled my lips in a small smile.

"Yeah. Thanks.." I said in a low voice.

I saw him blush a little but I completely ignored it. Hay, mga lalaki talaga.

It's a start of the new school year and within a month, my world literally changed.

Mabilisan akong na-feature sa aming school newspaper at dozens of school accounts na nagfea-feature ng mga "Beauties and Baes" sa school namin, or whatever. I have been told that everyone has been talking about how drastic my transformation is and how so many boys are crushing on me right now.

So what?

I don't care about any of that. I'm just happy at how I turned out to be. I'm happy that I do not look like the loser I once was a year ago. 

Tuwing breaks, sina Ryle at Xyza parin ang kasama ko. Ever since, they have always been the ones who were there for me, anyway. Before all these transformation stuff happened. Kaya naa-appreciate ko sila mas higit sa lahat. Tinanggap nila ako for whatever reason before all this. They tried to get along with me, not caring about what they could gain from me.