Chapter 15

"What is your name?" a strong and firm voice asked her, it sounded very familiar to her ears however she couldn't place where she had heard it before. The cat sounded authoritative and stern, but his voice was gentle. She cocked her head to the side and ignored the question she had been asked, she simply contemplated who this cat could be.

Her blue eyes swept across the Ravenclan camp, taking in the high tree and the dens crafted in fallen logs and holly bushes. White stones surrounded everything, forming a rock barricade. Clever entrances and exits could be picked out however. A strange feeling of déjà vu crawled over her skin, goose bumps raising the silver hairs along her pelt. Then it hit her, everything came rushing back into her mind like a tidal wave sweeping out over the Seaclan beaches. All her past life, all of Stormstars life, filled every crevice of her being.

The hatred.

The fear.

The ambition.

The determination.

The promise.

She closed her eyes tightly shut, trying to block out the persistent pressure of the memories.

"I'm just a kit, I've just been taken in by Ravenclan, there was a storm, my mother is gone." Silverkit whispered under her breath, trying to make sense of the muddled mess of her memories and Stormstars.

"What is your name?" the voice asked again, Silverkits eyes opened tenderly, afraid of what she might see. A pare of amber eyes looked down at her imploringly in a face of midnight colored fur. Something clicked in her head, she placed a name on the cat. Nightstar.

She looked at him and realized the question he asked was the question that would decide her fate forever, would it be a path of good or evil? Stormstar was a path of darkness and a blood thirst for power. Silverkit was a path unknown. She gulped inwardly before replying, her knees felt like they might buckle under the stress.

"My name...is Silverkit." she breathed at last. Welcoming cheers filled the camp and Silverkit peeked over her shoulder at her sister Shadekit. She was smiling with content, everything seemed perfect.

Then the realization came. If Silverkit didn't choose the path of darkness and power then Shadekit would never murder Larkflight, and when the time came Larkflight would betray the clans and they would crumble.

"Rock you better have a plan." Silverkit muttered and scooted closer to her sister protectively. Shadekit looked enthralled with the attention she was receiving under the gazes of Ravenclan warriors. Silverkit looked at Nightstar, Stormstars memories invaded her mind again and she grasped faintly at the fact that he was her father. She looked away quickly, but she could feel Nightstars gaze on her long after her and her sister went to the medicine cat den for sleeping herbs.

...

"Hey hedgehog, move over! Some of us are actually trying to run here!" Larkpaw teased Shadepaw relentlessly, using a despicable pet name like hedgehog. This was the moment when Silverpaw became a hero in her sister's eyes. She needed to flay Larkpaw. Her claws slowly slid out of her paws, digging into the ground, waiting to tear into Larkpaws smug expression. But she stopped herself before she attacked him.

There has to be another way... she silently pleaded, not wanting to return to the life Stormstar had chosen. Would she ever be able to escape the shadow she had created for herself? Determination to prove Rock wrong seeped into her heart.

"I won't become Stormstar, I won't chose that path." she declared softly, but she wasn't about to break her promise to Shadepaw either. A thought so incredibly stupid came to mind that she decided it might just work.