One shot

Shayne's POV
"Come on giddy up Asher" I patted him
I'd been riding for a long time and started to think maybe I wouldn't find 'er.
Just as I thought about turnin' back there she was sat curled up on the floor under a tree, her eyes red from crying.
"Shayne!?" She jumped up and ran toward me. I got off the horse. She strapped her arm around me tightly. "Dean- He well he."
"Where is he?" I asked sternly.
Courtney's PoV
"I barely escaped let's just go home I don't want to tell you" I sobbed
"Listen I'm going to take care of ya just tell me" Shayne crossed his arms
A few hours ago...
"Where exactly are we going Dean?"
"My buddy has a.. place just round the corner"
"Oh okay"
We reached a saloon like place.
Several women with rouged lips and skimpy outfits stood outside.
"Hey Deany" one winked
"Lola" he tilted his hat and continued too usher me inside. It smelt of cigarettes and whiskey as well as lavender. Several men with yellow grins winked at me. Dean closed the door behind us and showed me to the bar.
"Dean!" The bartender smiled "and this must be Miss Miller" he cackled
"How does he know my name?" I whispered
"I-Uh" dean mumbled
"Oh don't you worry miss" he smiled "Take her to the back" he said quietly glancing sternly to Dean.
"Round 'ere Courtney" he swiftly showed me up the stairs.
"Why are we here?"
"Just keep quiet and take it" Dean shrugged walking out the door and closing it.
"What?"
I sat down on the bed and thought for a moment. What was happening Dean seemed different. And that's when I knew he wasn't the man I thought I'd loved. A greasy looking man with slicked back hair and a white Stetson stumbled into the room clutching a bottle of whiskey.
"Excuse me I think you have the wrong room" I folded my arms
"See darlin I just gave your buddy a lotta money" he chuckled stumbling again towards me this time.
"What do you mean?" I shrieked
"Shut it you wench!" He shouted hitting me around the face.
I stepped back and dropped my face. Tears welled in my eyes. I could feel the strike still.
"Get away!" I shouted running towardsthe door and running out of the room, down the stairs and into Dean
I punched him hard in the chest repeatedly "how could you do this!"
"I never said I was a good man" he dropped his head holding my arms.
I pulled them out of his grip and set my eyes on the door charging through it. The man from before shouted and told Dean to chase after me but I didn't look back until I was out of the town, a horse was chasing after ten but I jumped into the hedgerows and hid.

A while past and I stood up. Feeling defeated I dropped to my knees and let tears spill from my eyes.
Shayne's POV
She looked up at me shyly.
"Stay here" I got on Asher
"Where are you going?"

I leapt through the doors and locked eyes with The rat walkin' towards him fast and pulling out my pistol.
"Slow down Shayne" he snarled
I threw a punch as hards as I could. He swung for me but I ducked and pressed my pistol against his head.
"Woah! Get back fella" one guy shouted holding out a gun.
"Shut it" I shot Dean between the eyes.
Almost all the men took out their pistols and aimed for me.
"You really tryin' this?" I sighed
Most of the men knowing who I was quietly left. Courtney stood in the doorway gawking in terror.
"I'm not a good man Miss Miller but neither was he" I flipped my gun and plunged it into my holster.
"We are going back too the Ridley"
Courtney's POV
He was so cold when he looked at me, showed no emotion as he pulled the trigger but stared Dean dead in the eyes.
I didn't know what to say instead I followed quietly. He helped me onto Asher and wrapped my arms around his waist. Silently we plodded down the road. I let few tears escape my eyes and refused too sob. What I had watched reminded me of my position and Shayne's identity.

"Miss yer back!" Tom smiled stepping towards me.
Shayne jumped of the horse. "Take her inside" he Said sternly not looking back and walking to the stables.
"I- of course" Tom helped me of the horse and walked me in. The men sighed with relief once we entered
"Were you okay miss?" Scratch asked sympathetically
"Ill be fine" I grimaced touching his shoulder "just tired"
"Good" they all lifted their tankards to me
I held my smile and once I had gotten into my room and closed the door let it fall and the tears descend. I didn't know what to feel.

Shayne's POV
I opened the stable door and slammed it shut. Then slugging myself against the door and taking a swig of whiskey. Tomorrow was the last day 'ere and then I'd take Courtney yo too the port and send her off.

Courtney's POV
It was late. Far past dusk and most of the men had stumbled home. I was sat up wiping my eyes struggling too sleep when he crashed into the room. Shayne burst In swaying as he walked holding a bottle of whiskey he had taken of his jacket and one of his suspenders wasn't over his arm, his hair was covering his eyes and he kept swiping it away."C-Courtney Miss Miller!" He chuckled.
"Shayne your drunk you should go to sleep" I pulled the duvet over myself.
"No shh shh shh listen darlin'" he fell onto the bed Perching beside me.
"Did you see today? Dean he was a bastard! Did you see?"
"I- yes I did" I said tearing up
"No- no" he got closer and threw the whiskey bottle over his shoulder.
"Don't cry sweetie" he wiped the tears from my eyes with his thumbs and looked at my lips.
"Please don't I sobbed"
He pulled my face towards his and kissed me hard on the forehead.
"Wasn't always a bad man you know" he stood and picked up the whiskey again.
I began to Cry with fear. I hadn't seen this kind of man before.
"Don't cry, please don't cry" he held his head in his hands.
I began to sob harder.
"What you think I'm some kind of monster!" He shouted throwing the bottle at the wall.
"I ain't like them! I won't be! Not like sparrow and the rest not again!" He approached the bed again.
"No I don't think that" I sobbed again
"Course you do! Why wouldn't ya? Fella like me."
"I'm sorry" I dropped my head and wiped at my eyes.
He took a moment to steady himself and push his hair back then pulling his suspenders up and stepping towards me. This time he sat at the edge of the bed. "Don't cry damnit don't cry. What am I doing" he dropped his head into his Hands.
He looked back at me with tears slowly falling down his cheeks.
"Dean. He tried to hurt you. I couldn't let that go. I wouldn't. I'm sorry"
"I-"
"I'm sorry" he sobbed against the duvet.
I didn't see a monster. But a broken man. One looking for someone to pick up his pieces.
I moved forwards and leant his head against my lap. "It's okay" I stroked his hair. "You're no monster"