Plans for time to be

Shayne's POV

I felt closer to her than any person I had ever met. she broke the kiss and looked at me for a second and then shaking her head with a smile, she brushed her hand against my chin and felt the growing scruff on my face. "I hate to see you with a beard"

"why?"

"makes you look tougher than you are" she shook her head laughing a little. This completely breaking the sheet of ice we had placed to avoid this relationship, but our affection had grown through reflections and words. to the point that I didn't feel the cold anymore, I only felt her warmth radiating. I was ready to go away with her but we needed a plan. getting on a traveling boat wouldn't be an option now people were looking for her. They must have been close since the lawmen were knocking around the town and after those two idiots woke up they would know exactly where we were going and so would their captain.

"I'll make sure to shave" I laughed. all the worries I had were minor compared to the swelling joy I felt looking at her.
Courtney's POV

We rode the wagon to a secluded area off the road and began to plan our great escape. We spent the night planning before finally falling asleep in each others arms. The morning came swiftly and brightly. We both prepared ourselves and said our goodbyes.
"I'll see you in a day, stay safe and remember the plan" he planted a kiss on my hand.
"I will, I promise" his look lingered for a minute before he got onto his horse.
"I'll see you sooner than you know" his eyes glazed over before he bucked his horse and began plodding down the road. I took a deep breath before turning to my horse. I got onto her and plodded down the road cautiously. To reassure myself I Leant down and patted the hard edge of the blade I had slipped in my boot and then with a breath continued down the road. I had forgotten how much riding hurt but I was painfully reminded by the third hour of riding. I looked up from the gravel road and there it was. Glimmering and shimmering like a great jewel. I hadn't seen the ocean since I was a child. As I got closer I could taste the salt, Almost there.
I looked only at the horizon until I heard a loud voice call to me. Nervously I shot a glare at in its direction. Lawmen. I scrambled to tug at the reigns but the hard footing of a large group of horses and a wagons crashing wheels panicked me. Within seconds they had stopped and recognised me. They put me
I'm the wagon and I neglected to fight. I sat in the wagon staring out the back window. As the wagon moved I removed the knife from my boot and felt it's smooth wooden handle and squeezed my eyes shut.
Shayne's POV
"Tom!" I shouted reaching silverton.
"Shayne" he smiled.
"We need to be quick are you ready"
"Oh of course, boys!" he whistled. Doug and scratch both waltzed out from the store smoking cigarettes. "Where's the dog!" Tom sighed
"Oh right" Scratch ran back into the store.
"Good to see you again Doug" I shook his hand happily.
"And you too, all the boys miss you and miss miller"
"Well you make sure to tell her that when we get there" I nodded
"Here he is" Scratch struggled
"Benny!" I yelped. He bounded toward me and licked my face.
"It's a wonder he's still going"
"He's a strong old dog" Tom smiled petting him.
"Yes he is" I said scratching his long floppy ears. His jowls shook as he barked excitedly.
"It's damn good to see you shayne" scratch patted my back.
"Yeah"
"And we-"
"Tell her when we are there" I smiled
"Yep" he nodded happily.
"Let's get moving." I said.
Courtney's POV
As far as I could tell we hadn't travelled far when we stopped. I could still taste the salt in the air. "Get her out" I heard one grumble before they removed me from the wagon. I fought and fussed gripping at the wagon and then the door to the large saloon they were dragging me into. I even grazed the stairs with both hands before they successfully got me up them. All the while I remained silent. Eventually they got me through the threshold of a small room.
"You ox stay quiet now or I'll stay in here with you and find a way to pass the time."
"Get out!" I screeched. Both left laughing. I heard the click of the lock and footsteps down the stairs.
Shayne's POV
"We should be in the fishing town early tomorrow morning if we don't stop" Tom rod beside me.
"Let's speed it up boys!" I shouted back.
"We can make it back tonight if we speed up" I said
"Okay, scratch how's Benny?" Tok shouted over his shoulder.
"He keeps licking me Tom"
"Aha" Tom chuckled
"You take him at the end of this road Doug" Scrach whimpered
"No way I had him on the way to silverton!"
"But you like dogs"
"It's your turn" Doug shrugged before speeding up and leaving a sad Scratch in his dust. "Those boys are another breed"
"Aha they really are" I laughed
"So when we get there what's happening?" Tom asked in a more solemn tone.
"We have a plan" I shrugged
"Are you sending her to England still?" He asked
"Yes"
"Alone?"
"No, I'm going with her"
"You mean?-" Tom turned to me
"Yes" I smiled widely.
"Good on you!" He chuckled reaching over to slap my back "she's a good one" he nodded to me.
"I know"
"What will you two do?"
"We will find our place in the country, I want to marry her Tom"
"What am honest living?" He asked
"Yeah I'll get work, build us a house to live in. I want it all"
"I'm happy for you shayne" Tom smiled at me earnestly.
"Thanks"
"But why do you have to go away to England. She wouldn't snitch on you or nothin"
"She's got things to leave behind" I said simply.
Courtney's POV
The room smelt like a wet dog and I could hear the lawmen sloshing drinks around downstairs clumsily laughing. It was dark now and I had lit the lamp on the bedside table. The fear I felt was all consuming and my teeth chattered as I paced. Suddenly, I heard a booming knock at the door. "She's in here" I heard from outside, followed by the knob of the door twisting and making a awful screech. "What" the word fell out of my mouth and I stumbled backwards.
"Hello miss Miller"