"It took one night to fall in love with you"

J A C K

I've been sitting in this hospital bed for a week and I've learned more about Zach and our past relationship. Zach sometimes would stay here overnight and we would talk and talk until we both fell asleep.

Zach walked into the room and smiled, "Hey." He so simply stated, and by now his voice could make me malfunction. He came up to me grabbing ahold of my delicate hand.

"How's work?"

"Really? That's the question of the day Jack?" He punches my two fingers. "You know I hate what I do."

"I didn't ask for a grumpy man to take me home on my release date." My voice dragging into a baby like imitation.

"Fine I'll just leave you on the side of the street then I guess." He rolls his eyes and folds his arms as I stick my tongue out at him and his giggle fills my ears. "C'mon you got to sign yourself out." 

"Why can't my daddy just sign me out?"  I poured and gave him those puppy eyes that could melt his heart. He looked back at me and I saw him mentally choke on his spit.

"You couldn't just wait till we got home?"

"Nope." And my pout turned into a smile. I got out of bed and followed Zach to the receptionists desk and signed myself out of the hospital.

When we got into Zach's black Tesla I grabbed onto his hand as he put on the radio. "Who's this?" I spoke. "It's good." words turn to riddles we make it worse.

Zach had squeezed my hand before pulling into the buildings underground parking lot, "its you Jack."

"Oh. I'm pretty darn good aren't I?"

Zach chuckled and nodded his head, "yes, yes you are." He got out of the Tesla and went around to the other side to help me get out.

He led me to the elevator. "Why are we taking this contraption, I thought you hated these thing's."

"I do hate the elevator, but I don't want you taking the stairs because of your bad like."

His thoughtfulness was beautiful, "you're so brave." I poked his side and he tapped the 16th floor.

"Not really." Zach's hands shake and he starts shyly walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. I pull him back with my arms around his shoulders and let him lean into my chest, as he bunches up my sweater with his fists to ease his anxiety and I comb my fingers through his hair.

As soon as he hears the doors click open he runs right out the door. I follow him as he shows me to his new apartment in Manhattan. He opens the door with his key and lets me walk in 1st. "Wow. It's beautiful Zach."

He blushes, "thanks." I walk around the house and Zach follows me as I explore. I go sit in the gray comfy couch in the middle of Zach's living room and stare at the TV.

"That's us." I said amazed as pictures of us were being displayed on the Apple TV. There was one of Zach carrying me on his back, and another where he was laying on my chest and one where I was laying on his. There was one of me kissing his cheek and one where his hands were on my hips, my arms around his shoulders, with the Eiffel Tower in the background.

"Our whole story is on there. It's not that long." Long enough for me to have fallen in love with you. I thought to myself. I looked back at the TV and there was another picture of us just taking a selfie. I blushed so hard at this one, "Hm?" Zach said and I looked at him, him sat down next down next to me one the couch.

"That one, you're glowing." I snickered and looked down at my lap where my hands were fidgeting nervously.

"What do you mean?" Zach asked.

"Both of us really."

"Huh?"

"Like we just had some bomb ass sex." And I laughed, holding onto my stomach as Zach threw a pillow that was on the end of the couch at me. 

"Shut up." He giggled and threw another pillow at me as I laughed.

"I'm sure you could shut me up." I smirked.

"Yeah I could, but too bad you're not getting any tonight."

"Aww." I pouted and threw the pillows back at Zach. "But it's Valentine's Day." I crossed my arms, and pouted again.

"Since you said that..." Zach held his hand up to me, telling me to stay. He ran to wherever his room was down the hall and ran back out with something in his hand. "Happy Valentines Day, babe."

Zach kissed me on the cheek and I threw the pink tissue paper out of the bag until I saw a piece of gold wrapped up in white clear tissue paper. I unwrapped it til I saw what's inside and grabbed the gold necklace out. "It's beautiful Zach."

It was a rectangle piece of gold engraved with the words,
Wherever You Go
I'll Be

And at the end of it was a heart with a plane going through it like a Cupid's arrow.

"So you have a piece of me whenever and where ever you go."

"I love it, Zach thank you." I stood up and kissed his cheek.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything."

"It's okay, you being here is all that I needed."

• • •

N A R R A T O R

Zach and Jack went out to dinner that night all dressed up in suits. Zach had his hand tightly wrapped around Jacks as they walked into a fancy restaurant.

They raised their glasses and Jack spoke, "To many more Valentines to come."

Zach replied back with the same words, "To many more Valentines to come." Their glasses had clinked together toasting to their love.

After they had finished dinner Zach took Jack out on a boat to Ellis Island. They had warm jackets in and Jack had snuggled into Zach's side, their arms wrapped around each others back.

When they got onto the Island they looked out into the waters of New York City. Jack looked at Zach staring into his eyes full of wonder and love. There's so many more things Jack had to learn about Zach and so many things Zach needed to learn about Jack. And they'll learn together as the years go on. Zach looked back into Jacks orbs full of stars. They smiled at each other and started leaning in, it was just a simple kiss, but felt so long for the both of them. "I love you, Zach."

"And I love you, Jack."

That night Jack got his memory back. Love could do some pretty crazy things.

• • •

At least my hiatus wasn't as long as One Directions is.

Happy Valentines Day

-cheekybeanie-