The windowsill

I live on the third floor of an old Victorian house that my family owns, at least when I'm not living in the middle of the woods. Being on the third floor means that there's a fire escape that leads up to my window. There are two rooms on the third floor, my bedroom and my office. My bedroom is on the southern side, the side with the fire escape. I sleep in there so if there is an emergency I could get out quickly, and because the southern side faces the ally so it's more secluded. And usually warmer.
I got back to the city from a two week trip late last night, so I was pretty tired. I didn't check the fire escape for anything weird like I normally do, but I didn't think I'd see anything.
This morning I got up and I heard the wind rattling my window. This didn't strike me as strange, because the windows are loose and strong wind usually shakes them. I got up to make sure they were closed because I didn't want the warm air getting out on this cold December morning, and the sight that greeted me was... less than comforting.
I have several potted plants on my fire escape and a mason jar I use as a rain gage, probably not exactly safe, but they're not that intrusive. Every single pot, was smashed. Shattered. Soil everywhere, plant matter everywhere, pottery shards everywhere. Not to mention the mason jar, which was barely a pile of shards. The wind buffeted against the window again, bringing my attention back to it. My window has four locks that are easy enough to undo from the inside, but impossible to open from the outside. I realized why exactly the window was rattling so loudly.
All were unlocked.

Nothing in my room was missing or disturbed. The door was securely closed the way I left it. I have no idea how this could have happened. All I know is I have re locked my window and I will start sleeping with a blunt weapon next to my bed.