i. little star, i wished on you

you and i, we're in love with the rain. it reminds me of you - heaven on your own corner of the universe, tears of silver falling from your stormy eyes. so grey, yet so blue you'd mistake them for the pale winter's sky, or the ocean in its untamable waves that come and go as they please. i would brush them from your porcelain cheeks, but i swear you looked so pretty, i think i forgot how to breathe.

tell me one more time that you love me, please. isn't it strange how i can be who i am with you, not what the world wants or expects from me. i can win, i can lose. and i can lose myself and you're there to find me bring me back home again. what my heart feels for you words can't describe with justice but all i know is there's no one else i'd want to live and die with more.

scented candles, open windows. we watch in silence as heaven cries for us. with arms to fall into, i am at home wherever you are. the stars don't stun me the way you do; you place the natural phenomena of our world to shame. you are a supernova, an unbroken diamond, an immortal star that lives, glows, eternally in the heart and mind. i once thought i loved a little darkness to blot out the cold limelight, yet, now all i care to do is watch you shine.

you are the drug that pulls me through the pain, you are tearing through my veins, as a rush of adrenaline. i try to love, i try to live, because you do. but darling, i fear i may not be able to save you. how can i, when i'm helpless to save myself? rain or not, you are my sunshine peaking through the clouds. and no amount of suffering that fate inflicts on an untamed soul who is undeserving of it, and a girl, undead at heart, could keep me from you.

former lover of mine