About Myself

As tired as my eyes were, they seemed to widen once he asked that. He seemed to notice why I wasn't answering. "Oh, I'm sorry if it was just so sudden. It's just-." I interrupted him, "It's fine. I can say some stuff about myself as well.". I pushed myself up to sit on the middle cushion, right beside him. "Where do I even start, man" I asked him. "Why don't I ask the questions about you, and you just answer them?" He suggested. I nodded. "Uhh...Favorite drink?" He asked. I answered, "Tea". "How many siblings?" "Technically 3. 2 sisters and 1 brother. My sister ,Julia, is married so I guess I kind of have a 2nd brother." "Wow. Um... What animal do you-?" "Cats" " O-Okay then.". Daisy looked at me annoyed. I quickly added to my last answer, "And little flower people.".  Daisy seemed satisfied with my changed answer. "Now that he is satisfied, let's continue. You said you were still in school right?" Cuphead asked. "Yea. I'm a Freshman in high school." I answered. "Well, what's your favorite class then?" He continued. "My Intro to Transportation class. It really is fun. I like my teacher too. I'm also the only girl in the class." I said. "Wow. I wasn't expecting that answer. I thought I would hear.. y' know.. I don't know." He said, surprised. "Oh, trust me everyone says that now. I love watching races and going to the Indianapolis 500 every May. It's the most wonderful experience in the world." I responded, with a smile. " So is that why you're in that class?" He asked, curiously. "Oh yes! There aren't many girls that race at all, and I would love to be one of them! I've been in a go-kart before and it makes me so happy and makes me forget about all the bad things in life. Well besides crashing into the wall or another driver. It's the best thing I've ever done!" I answered. "Wow. I've never met someone who loves racing as much as you. Now that I think about it, the casino does have a race once every other week. And the next one is this Friday. Maybe you could be a part of it?" He suggested. My face lit up with happiness, "That... would be AWESOME! I can finally show everyone how-." I stopped and realized something. My happiness immediately went away. Cuphead looked at me and asked, "What happened to the cheerful Janelle I just met?".  I responded to him, "I'd be showing no one what I could do. Why? Because they aren't here! It wouldn't matter what I do here because nobody will know.  They wouldn't believe me if I told them where I was. And who knows if I'll ever see my friends or family again!" I started to feel my eyes tearing up. Cuphead and Daisy both looked at me, concerned.