Learn to Drive

"Did I give ya that much of a scare?" He asked. I nodded. "Well, Sorry about that. I have one question, however." He told me. "I heard most of what happened downstairs. What did you do to Forkington, anyway?" He asked. I pulled away from him, pointed over to the crutches, and replied, "I smacked him with that and pinned him down until he told me where you were.". He raised his eyebrows. "She ain't lyin'." Dice said. We both looked over at him. "I was not expecting all that from you, to be very honest. It surprised both of us." Mugs said. "He was the one being irrational. What did ya do with him anyway?" I asked. "I already told ya, he's meeting the boss again." Dice replied. "Which reminds me, I think you should follow me.". I looked back at Cuphead and got up. I followed King Dice to the Devil's office. He opened the door and let me go in first. "I seem to be in here a lot." I said. "For good reasons. Sit over here. We must wait for that damn fork to get here." The Devil said. I shrugged and sat where he told me to. It was a seemingly nice chair that was close to the Devil's desk. "This is probably to most intimidating seat I will ever sit in." I said. He laughed and replied, "Oh, no, no. This one is.". He pointed to the chair he was sitting in. It was almost like a throne, but with a desk in front of it. I don't know why,  but I think he was reading the local newspaper. "I didn't really expect to see you reading that." I told him. "Well, I'm in here almost all the time. This is how I know what's happening in Inkwell Isle. To see what stupid things others did." He replied. I nodded. "Also," He started. He slid a small paper my way. "I figured you'd enjoy this. This fork always takes a bit to arrive here.". I looked over at the paper and tried to read the title. I sadly don't have my glasses; but thank GOD they are in my purse. He looked over at me and asked, "You can take it, y'know. I didn't do anything to it. And why are you squinting so much?". I took the paper and answered, "I don't have great eye sight. I can't read things from far away. I think it's called Nearsighted.". He looked at me surprised. I read over the paper. It was about the race. This reporter put in great detail of what happened. "Did they have to go in full detail?" I asked. "It helps if you didn't watch it." He told me. I went silent for a moment then replied, quietly, "Yea, I've been through that. Plenty of times.". He seemed confused. "What? I've watched races before. Some get postponed because of weather or something like that, then I can't watch them the next day because of school." I said. Dice was doing, I assume, paperwork. He looked up at me and said, "Ya know, for someone so smart, I didn't expect you to be going to school.". "Well, yea. How do ya think I know so much? Did you ever go?" I asked. "I wish I did. We couldn't afford it and it was deemed useless in my family." He responded. "Did they teach you how to drive a car?" The Devil asked, jokingly. "Uhh... not a go-kart. I think it's obvious how to drive a go-kart." I replied. "I'm talking about a normal car. That is allowed on the streets." He told me. I went silent. They both looked at me shocked. "You've never driven an actual car before, have ya?" Dice asked. "Well... no. I'm not 16 yet. Once I turned 16, I wanted to be taught how to drive one." I explained. "Is that the legal age to drive, where you live?" The Devil asked. I nodded. "And exactly when are ya turning 16?" Dice asked. "Not until the end of July. I got a while before I can get behind the wheel." I told them. "Oh, no you don't. Pretty much any teenager know how to drive here." The Devil told me. "What are you saying?" I asked. "He's saying, once ya get that thing off, you're gonna learn how to drive." Dice explained. I was speechless. "You-...You're serious?" I asked. They both nodded. I just looked at them so shocked. "I'm not kidding. I knew how to drive when I was 10. Yes, I had a messed up family, but it is very nice to be able to drive." Dice said. "Permission to get excited?" I asked. "Go ahead..?" They both shrugged. "AAHH HA HA HEE HEE!" I screamed out. Both of them looked at me, confused. "Sorry..." I said, quieter. "Don't ever do that again. Remind me to never give you permission to do that." The Devil said while shaking his head.