Chapter 4 - Neglected

Run my love... Promise me you will run without looking back. Promise your mommy... I love you so so much (F/N) Live... I will alway be by yours side... Run... don't ever stopped even if you don't feel your feet anymore... promise me you will survive... now go... go...
GO!!!

"Mama..." I was growling desperately in my sleep. I wake up with tears rolling down my face to my ear. I put the back of my hand on my eyes. I cry silently. I could not control my trembling body. The same dream, the same outcome. Never used to it. Never will.

I am stretching out my body. I am surprised. It's way better than before. Less pain, almost gone. Ah.. so happy. Let's workout before bath (F/N)!

I carefully stands up. And yesss, I do feel much better now. I guess last night the medicine works sucks on my brain, but great on my body. Haha

I still remember what happened between me and commander Erwin last night. But surprisingly I am not really much bothered by it. Was I actually drunk last night? Drunk in pain? Maybe? Well, I don't care.

20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups, 20 squats. I do not want to push myself too hard. I finish it with 5 minutes burpee.

Time Skipped

I could hear somebody yelling, calling Commander Erwin's squad to assemble. I follow some soldiers and we arrive at the room.

More than 10 people have gathered in the room including the Commander Erwin.
We who just arrived stand in line and give our salutes.

I stand still and steady with my salute. I steal a glance at the commander and he is looking at me. What? What's wrong with his face? Do I do something wrong?

He walk towards me. "(L/N) What are you doing here?"

I show my disagree face. What do you mean what I am doing here?   "Yes? Sir?"

We could hear someone, just someone whispering "It's her? Isn't it?"

The commander kind of looking back but then stops, he just lets out a sigh and leaves me hanging in confusion. He comes back to the board. We begin our meeting.

He positions everyone in the room in the expedition strategy. Except me. I feel humiliated. Is it because of my state right now? Does he think I am weak? It is really stuffy in my chest right now for no reasons. I have a high pride, so it's hurt it a little.

He finishes and closes the meeting. We are dismissed. "(L/N), I wish to talk to you, wait for a second" Commander Erwin finally speaks to me.

Everyone else is leaving out the room. Some of them give me weird smiles and some of them seems to really hate me, the female soldiers. I guess it really turns out this way. As expected.

I am waiting for the commander as he still speaks to someone. A man standing in-front of him has the same blonde hair color. They finish talking. O crap, that smile again, the man gives me that weird smile too.

Sniffs Sniffs

Get away old man. The man suddenly put his hand on my shoulders after sniffing me "Good Luck" he says then leave us both.

"It's Mike, don't worry about him" . The commander starts the conversation. "I did command you to be focus on your recovery, didn't I?"

"I guess, yes you did"

oh yes, he did say something like that. I just remember it now.  How come?

"But, I feel a lot better this morning, maybe I am healed already" I vent unnatural grin on my face.

He turns his back facing the board. "I let you stay in this room to learn something about it" his eyes straight to the position strategy on the board "what do you think?"

"What? About the strategy sir?" He faces me gesturing a yes. "Well, it doesn't make sense to me" I answer shortly. "Why is that?" He asks."Umm... the "why" is that I don't know sir" I kind of challenging him.

I do not want to look stupid. And... He smiles. Such a small smile but sincerely warm. He looks so handsome and beautiful. I am admitting his lovely feature at last.

"So are you leaving tomorrow?" I ask him slowly. Unexpectedly , dark ambience enveloping us both. His smiles turn into a solemn expression "Yes".

You are coming back? Right? I don't get to ask it though

"Best of luck sir" my voice sounds distraught but tough. My eyes moves side to side demanding a promise from him.

The next day

We are all standing near the gate. Us, the one who stay inside the wall. It should be my first expedition if not for this pain.

I couldn't see him. He is at the front. I couldn't lie to myself, I want to see him.

"(F/N)!" A voice. "Armin" I'm really glad to finally see him. "Where are the others?" I try looking around. "At the front, we are scattered"

I stroke his horse a bit. Please take care Armin, buddy.

"See you Armin" I am walking away. I could sense his nervousness and fear. He only gives me his usual mirthless grin. As we know, 'See you' is a very honest pray.

The gate is opening. I still can not see the Commander.
Without me realizing. My hand is already gripping my shirt next to my heart.

I cannot believe myself, Why I care so much now? What is happening?

----

The strategy was Erwin's secret mission as in the manga and movie to capture you know who.