Chapter 8 - Inflicted

All the squad members now pursuing the Female Titan, we keep our distance 100 meters aways from her as per Hange commands.
...
"Mikasa!!!" I shout. She has fallen down and is wrapped by her own wire. Why she seems so obsessed with that Titan? Wait... It's not only her... but everyone does!

and still this feeling again when you are forced to choose your mission than your friends.
Well, it is Mikasa, she will be okay.

Uuh... I start feeling dizzy. How much blood have I lost? Errr.. It's not the time.

We keep pursuing the Titan until Eren comes in his Titan form. They fight and wrecking the city. I really can't stand the sight. I feel like throwing up.

But, on the other side their fight is strange, it seems so familiar to me.

I make a quick stop and take off my jacket so it can cover my wound for a while.

"Hffft... err.." I can't hold it but groan in pain. What happened? Did the hook thrust me? I look down to my torn shirt and it's full of blood.

This is bad

Suddenly, I hear Eren's scream, I quickly wrap my jacket and follow the rest of the squad that has advanced far to the front.

"(F/N)!" Hange shouted. I swing to her, "why were you fall behind?" ...

*LOUD CRASH*

Before I can answer her. We all could see Eren breaks the Female Titan's face. And he pulls out one of her hand and it is flying away to a bridge.

... Dumbfounded, I see how Commander Erwin is standing there and doesn't budge when a gigantic hand almost hit him.

He looks determined and strong. We are standing about three hundreds feet from him.

A magnificent sight but terrifying. My heart feels tight now,  is he the one that makes all this mess happen? How could...? Him? A human?

I almost choke when his head turning to our squad direction. I try my best not to make eye contact with him. Not ready yet. After what happened.

Again. We gape in awe when we look the titan starts climbing the wall trying to escape. "Ah! Mikasa!" I mumble.

It's nearly done.. It has to be.. Eren.. Please!! Get Her!! I was so happy when Eren catches her as she falls after mikasa cut through all her fingers that stick to the wall.

He goes crazy and crushing her head. I believe he has successfully put a smile on my face. We did it!

"No... At this rate, he will eat her!!!" Hanji suddenly seems so worried. I am surprised and look back to Eren, he suddenly stops, just like that. What is happening?.

I follow Hange as she starts coming down closer to the Titan's body.

I was truly shocked.

ANNIE??? SHE IS ANNIE!! Why is she there?! Annie?? a Titan too? I can't believe it!!

My feet begins trembling, I'm losing power of my body. My limbs are going numb. I start falling down to my knees.

I'm trying so hard to hold my body up, resting my hands on my blade that I stick onto the ground.

My head is really hurt right now.
Everything is becoming darker... and darker...
*THUD*

Third Person POV

Erwin stands on the bridge to make sure the mission is a success this time. But he seems to cannot lie to himself that he wants to make sure that you are still on the formation.

He finally sees you, you are there, trying to avoid his gaze.

He notices the blood which is now emerging almost half of your jacket. He also spots the blood trail surrounding the ground you stand. You are still losing blood.

He squints his eyes, maybe he is regretting that he can't and won't do anything to help you now.

"Erwin" Nile still guarding him, "They are waiting for your report".

And suddenly, he looks compose again. Mission always come first.

Right after he turns his back and walking up to the horse carts.
You fainted.

Flashback

Hange was arguing with Levi whether to include you in the mission. Levi hesitated with Erwin's decision that concluded you are not dangerous even though you are one of the 104th Trainee Corps members.

Hange "You never had an objection before, why now?"
Levi "That brat throwing herself to Erwin."
Hange "aaand? what's wrong with that?"
Levi "She is suspicious to me"
Hange "Oh come on Levi! This is definitely different. Do you think Erwin could be fooled easily"
Levi "Ck.. Whatever. Maybe she is just one of his damn bets"
Hange "You would never underst... "
Levi interrupts as he could see you entering the room "Better save your command until the last minutes shitty glass"

Levi saw you and Erwin that night. He cannot believe himself that Erwin has other side he never seen.

He worries that from now on Erwin's decision could be clouded by what's started between you and Erwin. He worries that Erwin's ability to make the call will become dull.

He worries that it will be a mistake. Like he did.