Chapter 11

Waking up the next morning after falling asleep in a chair is not a pleasant experience. You tend to have cricks and cramps in your neck and back, often leaving you cold and very irritable. When these circumstances are applied to a normally grumpy British man, the results can be disastrous. Prussia discovered this when he went to wake up England, after noticing that Alfred and Dixie had ended up curled together as they slept. (In his defense they both looked very cute)

"Hey, brows!" whisper shouted Prussia, "Wake up! Look at how cute they are!"

England groaned and ignored Prussia.

"Brows, you can't ignore the awesome me," he whined, shaking England, "Come on, wake up and look at them--"

He was interrupted by England's hand around his throat. England was looking at him now, but his eyes had lost the bleariness of sleep. They were sharp and deadly.

"Hwa beþenċest ðu ġewyrċ? Don' you knah i's rude 'o wake 'he sleepin?"

Prussia was very quickly reminded of why this man was once considered one of the worst pirates, and why he was able to manage such a large empire for so long. He very quickly scrambled away, as best he could, from England. Prussia twisted out of his grasp and accidentally tripped over America and Dixie, who were still sleeping on the floor.

"Achhh," grumbled America blearily, blinking his eyes open.

Dixie let out a whine and curled more into Alfred.

"Geddoff me Butternut," complained Alfred.

"Naw. I ain't gonna. Tory."

America jumped up, spilling the blankets, and Dixie, onto the ground.

"That's it! I can't take it anymore! I am not just some pillow! I may have a cuddly personality, but I'll have you know that I am more than a shits and giggles guy. I demand --"

"Oh, will you just bloody shut up for once in your life?" snapped England, finally distracted from his mission to kill Prussia for waking him up. He ran a hand through his hair, though it didn't do much, as his hair was just as messy as before.

"Hey, I didn't say nothin that warn't true Iggy. You're just jealous."

"No, I'm not. Especially with your blatant, and flagrant, misuse of the Queen's English."

Dixie sighed. "As much as I would love to defend my English, we do have things to do today, so if we could get out the door before noon that would be great."

That said, Dixie retreated to the bathroom to clean himself as much as possible. The rest of them packed what they had brought in the night before, and went down to see what there was for breakfast.

Unfortunately, there wasn't any, so they got some snacks and energy drinks at the nearest gas station, as well as some gas for the car, before setting off westward towards Laredo.

~~Four Hours Later~~

The four of them stopped in Laredo for the night. America was a firm believer in a day of peace before war and decided to cross the border in the morning. Dixie gave England and Prussia a quick tour of the town while Alfred went to secure their passage over the border.

The next morning dawned bright and clear, despite the humidity. All of them made it through the border without a hassle. Even the prevalence of firearms, knives, and highly dangerous chemicals didn't stop them from passing through. However, all of their silverware and leftovers were confiscated. England was confused, why would they let guns and explosives through, but not leftover food and forks? Alfred noticed his confused expression and nudged Dixie, who laughed.