Chapter 15

The morning came quickly for England. He had slept restlessly the entire night, waking up around 5:45 feeling somehow more tired than when he had gone to bed. Sighing, he made himself a cup of tea. Unfortunately, the hotel did not have proper tea so he was forced to drink lower quality instant tea. Taking his tea he moved to the window and looked out at the city. It was just waking up for the day, the sun rising over the Atlantic and filling the streets with soft light. D.C. was truly a beautiful city, Alfred had done wonders to it after he burnt down some of it.

England was shaken from his reflections by a knock on the door. Glancing at the clock, he realized it was already 6:30 in the morning. Standing, he moved to open the door. Prussia and Canada were standing on the other side.

"Hey Brows." greeted Prussia, "Bruder wants to leave within the next 15 minutes. So you need to get going."

"And we were hoping to have a family meeting afterward if that's ok with you, England. France already said yes," added Canada.

"Thank you. I'll be down in a few minutes," said England. He closed the door and turned back toward his room. Frowning slightly he moved to get dressed for the day. Just as he was about to leave England paused at the door and took out his phone. Quickly finding his contact for America he sent him a text.

» Hello Alfred, I know it's early but I need to inform you that the G8 and others are coming over right now. I believe we'll arrive in about 15 minutes. Just so you're aware. ENG «

» Germany insisted that I take everyone over. «

This having been done, England went out of his room and down to the lobby where everyone else was waiting for him to arrive. Though it appeared that the only people who were remotely curious about going to America's home were Germany and Russia. England could figure why for both, Germany wanted to know why the meeting was interrupted, and Russia wanted to know what America was doing. Certainly, England had no intention of telling them the truth, but it was out of his hands now. He had done the best he could and it was up to America to deal with the rest.

England briskly walked through the lobby and to the garage where their rental cars were parked. The rest of the nations followed him quickly because they were all slightly curious about what the day would have in store. Canada had offered to drive but was ignored, so Germany and England would be driving the two cars to America's house. In Germany's car were both Italys, Prussia, and Spain. In England's car were Canada, France, Russia, and Japan. England pulled out of the garage first, heading westward and Germany followed behind him.

~~scene change~~

America's household was up and running early, as was their want. By the time 5:50 came around everyone had gotten out of bed and migrated to the kitchen for breakfast. Kentucky made grits, Massachusetts started the coffee, and the rest of the states gathered around the table while they waited for breakfast to be ready. Texas had gone and gotten Alfred while breakfast was being made, and Dixie followed them down. As soon as Dixie sat down California and Colorado went up to him with what appeared to be a makeup box.

"Mornin' Cal, Colorado. What's this for?" he asked.

Colorado smiled, "Well, you're supposed to be Jack, aren't cha? And you look about as similar to him as Canada does."

At his insulted look California hastened to explain, "Just that you look very similar. If someone weren't looking they wouldn't notice. But there are differences and we're gonna see if we can't make them smaller. Like your hair. Your hair is more of a honey blond than a wheat blond. And it's longer too. And you don't have Nantucket. For obvious reasons of course, but it's still not quite the same. And your eyes are grey, while his are like a sky blue. And you're more angular than he is."