Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Life is a painting on the wall

Just a picture in my mind

A photograph that's slowly fading

And now, that all the colors are bleeding out

I'd run away but I don't how, I'd run away but I don't know how

"So... When exactly are they coming over?" I asked Niall a few hours later, we were both sitting on the couch as we waited for Beth and her son to show up. Niall had just finished setting the table for dinner a few minutes ago, while I had just returned in somewhat nice clothes.

"She said they'd be here around six, so a few more minutes."

"Okay."

"Are you nervous?" Hell yes.

"No. Why would I be nervous?" I gave a nervous chuckle, to which Niall just rolled his eyes at.

"Don't be nervous, it's just my friend and her son. It's not a big deal."

"No big deal? Niall according to you she's like the only reason you're here... I think she's kind of more than just a big deal.."

"Just... Be yourself okay?"

"Myself isn't exactly pleasant."

"It won me over didn't it?"

"God I feel like I'm meeting your parents."

"That's one step closer to marrying me Styles." Niall winked at me while I just gave him a look of sheer panic as the doorbell rang.

"Fuck." I breathed out, my eyes watching Niall as he walked to the door to answer it. My palms were sweating, the sudden want to puke coming over me as she walked in. I stood up from the couch, wiping my hands on my pants as she finally looked at me.

"This must be Harry." She gave me a warm smile, handing the small kid in her arms to walk over to me. She held out her hand, to which I went to shake... Only to have her pull me into her arms for a hug.

"Thank you." She whispered in my ear before pulling away. I just looked at her with a confused expression, what on earth did she mean by that?

"I've heard a lot about you Harry, Niall can't seem to stop talking about you sometimes." She was still smiling, and if I was honest it was genuine....

"All good things I hope." I said, nearly stumbling over my words. Even if she was smling at me, I was nervous.

"Of course. You probably don't know who I am though, I'm Beth and that cute little bug in Niall's arms is my son Blake." Blake hid a little more in Niall's shoulder as I finally looked at him.

"It's nice to finally meet you."

"Now that that's out of the way, why don't we go eat?" Niall asked, adjusting Blake to his other shoulder. Blake finally looked at me, and I nearly gasped at the mirror copy of Niall's eyes...

What the fuck?

-----------

"So, what brings you to town?" I asked casually as we ate, just wanting to start up conversation.

"Oh, I uh... I left my husband." She gave a tight smile, one to show she was hiding something. I knew how those worked... I used to give them the entire time.

"Oh... I'm sorry for asking."

"It's fine, tell me a little about yourself Harry... Niall here tells me you've been studying law?"