Chapter Twenty-Eight

Won't you give me a sign, don't you cover your eyes

When you say my name, it's so hard to get away

"Zayn, you better be here." I called out as I opened the front door to Zayn's place. All the lights were off, the only source of light coming from the windows... I felt like I was in a scene from a horror film.

Oh god.

Zayn isn't going to kill my pussy... He's gonna kill me.

"Zayn?" I called out again, a little more timid this time. My life felt like it was literally in the palm of my hands.

I felt my way through his house, my hands trailing across the wall as I tried to find a light switch.

Of course when I found one... it uh... wasn't working. In fact the light turned on for one second before it flickered and went out.

I was in a horror film.

This is how I die.

I haven't even gotten married yet.

Hell I don't even know if I passed my exam...

I'm too young to die.

My cat... she lived a long and happy life right? She's... She's not what's most important.... I gotta live.

I gotta... Live.

Yet I was still finding myself walking through his apartment... I guess she was more important than my life.

Oh well.

I finally found a room that had it's door slightly ajar...

I carefully opened the door, only to be met with the back of a chair. I could see Zayn's head sticking up over the edge of it...

"I'm glad you could make it." Zayn said in a deep voice, turning the chair around while he was petting my cat.

"What's the meaning of this Zayn?"

"Well it's simple really...I actually don't have a reason." Zayn gave a chuckle before turning on the lamp next to him.

"So... You made me drive all the way from London on a day of a big test... For no reason whatsoever?"

"Well Harry, it had been quite some time since you've contacted me. I felt like we needed to have a little chat."

"That's why you call me, or I don't know... text me? Don't threaten to kill my cat."

"Sometimes threats are all you'll listen to."

"Something is seriously wrong with your head Zee."

"I'm just so lonely, no one wants to talk to me." Zayn then proceeded to either cry or just fake it. I could never tell with him nowadays.

"Oh Zayn..."

"Don't pity me."

"I'm not pitying anyone..."

"You're looking at me, therefore you're pitying me." Zayn glared at me, letting go of my cat as she made a mad dash towards the door.

"Now why would I pity you?"

"Because I'm single and you're not. You're probably going to set me up on those stupid double dates with you and Niall or try to make me date some random ass guy from the bar that Liam met last week." Zayn gave a displeased noise before grabbing a bottle of god knows what from the floor and tipping it back.

"Whoa buddy... Slow it down."

"And like Liam won't ever go out with me. He thinks I'm his best friend, his best buddy. Buddy should be a new term for like... I don't know. Have I been friendzoned? Is this what it feels like to be friendzoned?"

"I uh... I wouldn't know. I've never..."

"Cause it really fucking hurts if it's the friendzone. Have you ever listened to him talk? Like actually talk? Do you notice the way his eyes crinkle at the sides when he smiles... Sometimes he'll grab the tip of his ear a little...I don't think he knows that... I kind of... Like idolize him? He's everything I wanna be."

"You should've held Timmy hostage... You really should be saying this stuff to Liam and not me Zee." Zayn gave a sad chuckle, shaking his head as he tipped the bottle back again.

"No, you see I can't tell Liam that he's... he's the so called "one" cause that ruins everything. It ruins it... He can't know Harry... You have to promise me you won't tell him." Zayn let out a little burp, giggling a little at the end of it. I hadn't witnessed a drunk Zayn before... This was sure to be a treat.

"Why not though? I mean honestly... I think you guys would be a cute couple."

"Cause he's been running around with that Lucas kid. Caught them making out in the broom closet yesterday."

"Luke? You mean Luke Hemmings?"

"Yeah, that's his name. Blonde hair, stupid face? Isn't he like engaged or something?"

"Last I checked he was, that stupid son of a bitch. Give me that." I took the bottle from Zayn before repeating his actions of tipping it back. I coughed at the bitter taste, but then tipped it back again.

"Don't drink it all. That's my best bottle."

"Dude what the fuck is this?"

"Some kind of vodka? I don't know." Zayn shrugged before bursting into giggles. It didn't take me long to join him, suddenly I found my super drunk friend hilarious.

Granted I was probably pissed off my ass now too...

Oh who gives a shit, it's been a while since I've let lose.

"Hey Zayn, wanna hear a joke?"

"Fuck yeah I do!"

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"The chicken!" I burst into giggles, finding myself hilarouis while Zayn just looked at me.

"I don't get it..."

"Fuck, I messed it up... Why do I always do that?"

________________________________________________

RYAN SEACREST AND LUCAS HEMMINGS TOOK A PICTURE TOGETHER AND IM VERY EMOTIONAL ABOUT IT.

I HAVE A SLIGHT OBSESSION WITH RYAN AND THEN HE GOES AND DOES THAT?!

The only thing that would make me more happy and emotional would be a picture of Alex, Harry, Luke and Ryan all together. I would die with a smile on my face.

Someone make this happen, please?

I'll marry you?

Dedication:

jax_3101

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx