Wake Me Up When It's All Over

Thomas POV:

Never have I ever. Never have I ever. Ever. Been this scared.

If this is a dream, it's been enough, if this is a nightmare, it's done it's job. I can't take the suspense. I can't take it.

Please wake up, John.

My chest hurt from the anxiety. Watching his chest slowly rise and fall, agonizingly slow.

My head rang. I returned my gaze to the window like the previous day before. It was still grey, but the sun was peeking from behind the clouds.

"I'll be with you from dusk till dawn.." he whispered next to my ear, while hugging me.

He had just gotten off the plane from his home, in which he had to visit. I missed him, even though it had only been a few weeks. He was my everything. I would never let him go.

He'll never be alone while I'm here.

"I'll hold you when things go wrong.." he whispered again. I felt dampness spread over my shoulder, as I realized he was crying.

In the moment, one observing bystander would think, that the two were related or just having a moment. They were having a moment, but it was more than the common thought.

More than just a moment.

It was everything for the two boys who hadn't seen each other in weeks.

I would miss the spot, then empty, where he would lay for those dreaded weeks. I would pray to someone above or below, that I could sleep. People said we were too attached but we were young, still are, and in stupid love. And it made me cry into the night. As if I were dreaming. Wake me up.

When it's all over.

"John. Wake up, please...we need you.."I whispered into the cold air of the lonely hospital. Earlier, a member of a family died and the family was large, and they were wailing and screaming, making my situation seem like heaven compared to theirs.

But mine could die. He could die. Alex would be devastated, God knows what he's been through. I would just be blank and empty. And sad. Not even that. Just nothing.

Just as my thoughts settle in the bottom of my mind, the nurse tells us we have to leave, so that they can do procedures. We nod. Alex dragging his feet behind him as we dreadfully walk out of the curtained room. We decide to go back to the dorm, and wait for news.

As we drive, the rain pitter patters against the windshield. I don't even bother to turn in the wipers.

"Will he be okay..?" Alex asked, his voice trembling, like a soft whistle almost.

"I don't know, Lexi, I don't know..." I said back, trying to contain my composure, but failing.

We finally arrive at was once called our home, and now it's just a dorm. Has been.

We make our way to the living room, not bringing ourselves to go anywhere else, honestly.

My head found its way up agaunst the cushion. Alex's head on my shoulder. Our hands wrapped together, intertwined.

"I love you. " He whispered. A tear struggles out of my eye, as I gaze at the wall, hearing Alex.

"I love you too, Lexi.." I reply, only a whisper.

And then, as if it were some force that had decided to give us the break we needed. Alex and I drifted off into sleep, hopefully dreaming, and not having night mares.

________________/\_________________

John POV:

The desolate area that was once a twin, was now abandoned and all that remained was the dirt and the worn down buildings.

My head rang with confusion, not knowing what to do, or when to do it, or even how I got here in the first place.

I only remember walking home. And then black.

I never did make it home.

Just as that thought passed my brain, I felt a drip of rain hit my palm.

It started raining softly, then gradually increased. I sighed.

Usually, rain calms me, but now it scares me. What do I do in a place where nobody is present?

In a way, it reminded me of that one episode of 'My Babysitter's a Vampire', where they are all in different dimensions. But that's not real, so that can't be happening.

I wanted to find sanctuary, at least.

I walked, my shoes dusting the dirt below me into small clouds, to the town once again. Where I saw my father and I, but it wasn't really me, having a drink.

I don't even communicate with my father, let alone drink.

Last time I saw him was like a year ago.

My mother is nice though. She deserved more than what she had and still has. She deserved to be happy.

I look up from my shoes to see a glimpse of what seemed to be a person.

"Wait!" I yell out, trying to get their attention.

I start to run to the person, but when I get to where I saw here, but a blanket is there.

My brows furrow in confusion, as I look around frantically, for anyone. Anyone.

I hear rattling noises from behind me. The rain makes it harder to see, being able to only see a few yards ahead of me.

I see something big, and tall moving through the rain. I, not being an idiot like in a horror movie, wanting to go explore, stay put, and hide behind the buildings debris.

The thing rattles away, and I peek through the holes to see if it was really gone.

But oh boy, was I wrong.

"ßœ hërè yœü ærë.." I hear a deep, menacing, downright evil voice say from behind me.

"Oh shit." I whisper, as I slowly turn to face the thing.

Some type of droll dripped from the mouth, that lay agape, unnaturally. The eyes small, red and beady. The head, distorted. The whole illustration was enough for me to vomit, honestly.

"What the hell are you, and what the hell do you want?" I ask, remaining confident, even though in reality I was scared out of my shit.

"Ï dœñt wæñt æ thïñg.." it cackled. I look up at it in confusion.

"Then why the hell are you-" before I could say a thing, it vanished, it's particles dissolve into the rain.

I turn around, jerking my whole body to see the rain stop. The buildings on each side of me creak and rumble.

I move out of the alley way and the buildings collapse to near dust.

I hear beeping noise, like a heart monitor. My breathing becomes jagged and jerky.

What the hell is going on..?!

It turns white. Everything turns white.

I close my eyes, and when I open them again, people, doctors are all around me.

I black out again, but this time I don't see anything. Just back and the beeping noise.

Sorry it took so long to update, I had to give up my phone for reasons to my parents, and I also had Tech Crew for a show, so yeah, but I'm back and even better baby!

:D

-Love-Your-Ships <3