I Need Her

I lay on Izana's bed crying. I don't want to leave I can't. I pull the blanket up and curl up under his bedsheets.

{ I look into Megan's room but she isn't there. I walk down to my room and open the door. I look inside and see small bundle curled up under my blankets. I walk into my room and over to my bed. I sit down on the edge of my bed, I reach out and pull the blanket down to see Megan sleeping. Her face isn't peaceful like normal, She has been crying. I start to shake her awake.}

I feel someone shaking me awake, I look up and see Izana.

"Good morning beautiful. I'm glad I found you."

"Izana! I have bad news."

"I know, I won't let him take you back. I need you."

"Please, I need you to."

{I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to my body.}

I hold onto Izana's shirt. Then there is a knock on the door,

"Come in."

Zen enters the room.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"It's alright Zen. Megan, you should go to your room. I need to speak with Zen."

"As you wish Izana."

{Megan leaves, I look to Zen. Then I tell him what Megan's father is planning on doing.}

I walk to my room and throw myself on my bed. I close my eyes and let out a sigh. Why me? After about an hour I hear guards knocking on the door. Then they burst into my room. I sit up and look at then. Behind them is my father.

"Well my daughter, Its time to leave, grab her and put her into the carriage. Darling remember I'm doing what's best for you."

"You may take me with you but my heart and soul stay here." I'm dragged out of the castle and thrown into the carriage. I sit there and look out at the castle. I see Shurayuki and Zen running towards the carriage. But Izana stops behind them and he bids my father goodbye and watches me leave. My father gets in and looks at me.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Because I was wrong when I sent you to marry this prince."

"Your wrong father, Why do I still call you that? Your not my father anymore."

"Zen I will not let her go like this. She will be my wife. I need your help."

"I will follow you to the ends of the earth brother."

"Let's go then."

I sit in the carriage for what seems like an eternity. I look out the window and see dust in the distance. I close my eyes as I sit there wishing I could just disappear.

{As we approach the carriage I see Megan sitting inside. Her spirt looks like it has finally been broken.}

"Zen stop the carriage." {Zen ride in front of the carriage and the man stops it.}

"What is going on?"

My father steps out of the carriage.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"I came to get what is mine."

I hear Izana's voice. I open my eyes and see him sitting on his horse. I stand up and jump out of the carriage.

"Izana! What are you doing here?"

{I get off my horse and walk toward the king.}

"Your Highness, I know that this could cause great problems between our kingdoms, But..."

{I look at Megan as she looks at me with concern in her eyes.}

"But Megan is to be my wife. That ring on her finger shows that she will before ever mine. I will take her back to my castle. And I will marry her. When She was young you gave her hand to me in marriage. And a good king would never go back on his word."

"She is not ready to be married. She needs to come home with me."

"Megan is eighteen years old, I think she should be allowed to make the decision."

"Well I do not think that!"

{I step towards Megan and take her hand.}

"I want to stay with Izana. He is the love of my life and I will not be taken away. So go home."

"She is right, Its time for you to leave. As the future king of this kingdom, you are not welcome here. So I ask you to take your leave."

"And if I deny?"

"If you deny I will wage war against our kingdoms, and we both know who would win in a war."

{ I grab Megan and drag her towards my horse. I help her on and get on behind her.}

"So if you're smart you will give your blessing on this marriage. Megan is an amazing girl and she has her own opinion and I accept that. You do not, and that is why you want to stop her from following her dreams. Come Zen we leave. Good day to you Sir."

"Wait, Please, Don't take her. She is my daughter I need her."

"No, I will not go with you. Goodbye Father. I wish you the best."

We ride away and I rest my head on Izana's shoulder. I feel his hair as is falls onto my head. I look over at Zen as we ride on.

"Why did you do that? My father will be angry with you."

"Because you mean more to me than anything else."

"Thank you, Both of you. I just hope that this will not cause to much trouble."

"It will be fine."

{We ride home in silence and I slowly feel Megan fall asleep. I look down as she relaxes in my arms. I smile and gently hold her.}
This next part when they say I love you, they mean brotherly love. Nothing more!
"Zen, Thank you."

"I know that you would do the same for me."

"You are right. I would do anything for you Zen, I know I don't say it enough but I love you, my brother."

[ I look over at Izana and see the truth in his eyes as he looks at me.]

"And I you Izana."

{We arrive at the castle and I gently shake Megan awake.}

"It's time to wake up my love."

I open my eyes to see the castle. Izana gets off the horse and helps me down.

"Well my love, we're home.

We walk into the castle and I see Izana's mother walking down the halls. She smiles at us and as she passes she says.

"Welcome back Megan, I'm glad that you are here once again."

I stop and look at Haruto and see her smile as she walks away.

"Izana,"

"Yes?"

"Thank you again."

"You don't need to thank me for anything."