I Got No Name

"Well my love I would love to stay and talk but I think that is time I go to sleep."

"Good night Izana,"

"Good night Megan my love."

{I walk about and close the door, I walk down the halls and to my room.}

After Izana leaves I go and change. Then I crawl into bed. I close my eyes and the last thing I see is Izana's face. I wake up and get dressed in a simple outfit. I then got out the door and walk towards the library. Its still early and I want to get some reading in before breakfast. I am looking for a book when I see one I want on the top shelf. I start to try and reach out to grab it. its just a few inches out of my reach. after about ten minutes of trying I go to jump for one last try at the book. When a hand reaches out and pulls the book down for me.

"Is this what you were trying to get?"

"Yes, It was." I turn around and see Izana standing there smiling at me. I look up and see that he has dark bags under his eyes.

"You didn't sleep well?"

"I was thinking all night."

"About?"

"About being king. I was wondering if I am capable of being king."

"Well, I think that you are more than capable of being King. I think that You will make a great king!"

"Thank you, my love, I just hope I will live up to your expectations." { I hear a strange sound and look up to see books falling off the shelf.}

"GET DOWN!" { I try to sheld Megan's body with my own but I see a book hit her head and she falls to the ground.}

"Megan are you alright?"

"I think so, Just one question... Who are you?"

"What do you mean who am I? It's me Izana"

"Please stay away from me. I don't know who you are." {as I look at Megan I see the truth in her eyes. She doesn't know who I am.}

"Megan I am your friend. I will take you to the pharmacy. They will help you."

{ I reach out and offer her my hand. She takes it and I lead her to the pharmacy.}

"Shurayuki?"

"Your Highness, Megan. What can I do for you?"

"It's Megan," { I tell her the whole story and she looks at Megan with worry in her eyes.}

"Megan sit here. I will take a look." (I get Megan to sit and I take a look at her. After examining her I look up to Izana.)

"Your Highness, I think that she has amnesia."

"Amnesia?"

" I believe that it will only be a mild case which means her memory should return in a few days."

"Is there anything that we can do to help her?"

"The only thing you can do it to show her a few things that might trigger a memory."

"What kind of things?"

"I don't know, it could be anything. Megan, can you remember anything?"

"My name, Is all I know. Who are you and how do I know you?"

"We are friends, we have been friends for about two years. And you and Shurayuki have known each other for a long time."

" I see, I'm sorry I don't remember you."

"Are you hungry?"

"Maybe a little bit."

"Come I'll show you where we eat."

I follow this man that they call Izana to the dining room. What is happing to me? where am I? Who am I? I show up to the dining room and a beautiful lady walks towards me.

"Megan, Izana glad you could join us."

I step back and hide behind Izana when the woman comes towards me.

"Mother slow down."

"What's wrong Megan?"

"Megan has amnesia."

"What? What happened?"

"She had a book fall on her head."

"I'm sorry. Please come sit Megan, we have breakfast on the table."

I walk toward the table and sit down, I eat and then sit there quietly. I look around at all the people who claim to know me.

Time skip...

"Megan?"

"Izana, it there something I can do for you?"

"Megan I haven't completely told you the truth."

"What do you mean?"

It's been a week and a half, they have tried to show me things that might bring back my memories. but nothing has worked. I have gotten to know them a little bit and they have told me a lot about them. I wish I could remember.

"I have to tell you something."

"Alright, tell me?"

"Megan you and I were engaged to be married."

"Were what?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I thought that your memory would return and then we could move on. But our wedding is two days away and I think its time I cancel it."

"I'm sorry, I wish I could remember."

"It's alright, don't try too hard. Here I'll walk you to your room."

"Alright,"

{We walk to her room and I see the same box sitting on her dresser that was there before. I wonder what is inside?}

"Well, Megan. Good night to you."

"Good night Your Highness."

{I start to walk out of the room}

"Please, don't cancel the wedding, There is still time for me to regain my memory."

"What? Are you sure?"

"Yes, You're a king, right? Then you can cancel last minute if that is what you need to do."

"Well then, I won't cancel the wedding tell I have to."

{With that I turn and walk out the door. I do hope she remembers. I walk to my room and go to sleep.}

👋Two more chapters!! 😳