Chapter 7

(Link POV)

Me and sis are going on an adventure! We are going to find two jewels and give them to the princess. And the princess is really cute. I like her! when we return the jewels to her, we can go back to the forest.

I ran out of Castle Town and stopped, looking back. Linetta was following me. I wonder where we should go. Run around Hyrule Field? or go to that Death Mountain place? Um... Hyrule Field. Death Mountain sounds dangerous. Linetta caught up to me. "You could have slowed down a bit" she said panting.

"Nah, I just decided to run ahead and wait" she sighed. "Let's discover more of Hyrule Field before we go to Death Mountain" she nodded. "Maybe we can meet new people and we can be friends!" she started jumping. Well look who's excited.

We ran around for about ten minutes and saw a building in the distance. "I wonder what that building is" I said. We started heading forwards.

***********************************

(Linetta's POV)

We ran towards the building and I figured out it was a barn. There were gates in the shape of a large circle around the building. We heard talking and wanted to meet the person. There was a girl leaning against the wall talking to a horse. "Hello!" I shouted. She looked at me and smiled.

She was a bit shorter than brother and had pale skin. She had orange like hair and ocean blue eyes. Her hair reached down to the middle of her back with bangs covering her forehead. She wore a yellow ankle length dress with a bandana around her neck. She had large brown boots.

"Hi! My name is Malon" she walked towards us. "My name is Link and this is my sister Linetta" Link said. "It's nice to meet you! are you visitors! I bet you are! Pop! we have visitors!" She started yelling and I covered my ears. She grabbed our hands and dragged us into the barn. A plump man with brown hair and a mustache looked at us.

"It's been a while since we had visitors! made yourselfs at home" he smiled. I think this is a nice family. There were many cows and horses. Another tall man with a moustache walked in. He seemed rather grumpy with his pitchfork for hay. "Here at Lon Lon Ranch, we raise horses and cattle. We make the famous Lon Lon Milk! Would you like some?" he asked.

I smiled and nodded, thankful of their kindness. We drank our milk and kept following Malon. We played with her and talked. Then, a horse came up to her. It was reddish brown with a white mane and tail. Another horse galloped behind. "Hey Epona" Malon said, petting the horse.

The other one walked up to me. It was black with a grey mane and tail. "Wow, you're pretty" I pet it's head and it made a soft neigh. "That is surprising. Midnight is very shy. He likes you" Malon said. "Hi Midnight. My name is Linetta" he licked me. "Ew! Blegh" I giggled. I looked over to see Link feeding Epona a carrot.

It was late at night and we were sitting on the fence. We spent our day with Malon and helping on the farm. "I'll teach you two a song" Malon blurted out loud. I looked at her and she started to sing. No words, just pitches. When she was done, she looked at the stars. "That is a song that will call Midnight or Epona. They both really like music. Try playing on your ocarina, Fairy Boy" I laughed at the nickname she gave Link. He huffed.

After a few minutes, we learned how to play it on our ocarinas. "You can have them" Malon said. I'm confused. Have what? As if reading my mind, Link said, "have what?" "You can have Epona and Midnight. They might help on your journey" my eyes widened. "Really?" "yes" I smiled. "Thank you so much Malon!" me and Link cryed in unison. I hugged Malon.

We left Lon Lon Ranch holding our pony's reigns. They are young. But we'll take care of them. Ivan flew by my face. "Wow! You have horses! Now you're true heroes!" I smirked. I like being called a hero. Navi has been annoying Link a lot. I looked at him to see him swatting at her. I feel bad for him. I jumped on my horse. Link jumped on his.

"To Death Mountain?" I asked Link. "To Death Mountain" he replied. And we galloped off.