Chapter eighteen

After dropping off Joann at work it was just a short drive over to where I had the after work BBQ with Ashley and what I now know was members of her pack just about two weeks ago. How my life has changed since then. Not even transition competed. When I first started wearing women's clothing publicly I just learned who actually cared about me and who didn't. I dressed as a nurse for halloween and the next day I bought all new clothes from A local thrift store and tossed out most of my male ones but a couple of shirts and my shoes. Is there a law that says women shoes can only go to a size eleven? Some of us do wear a size twelve.

My car didn't like me going up the hole infested dirt road to the place but it made it. Seeing the area in the daylight revealed just how big this area was. As I drove around the the barrels they had fires in and towards the trailers there was a road of sorts that continued on past them blocked by a simple gate made by a bar padlocked to a post. It wasn't much. I could go around it, but my car wouldn't. I reached for my phone

"What?"

She answered in a annoyed groggy voice like I woke her. It was almost ten.

"Ashley, it's Crystal. I need to talk to you. Are you past the gate?"

"Yeah. Wait! You're here? Tell me you're not." She no longer sounded groggy but instead worried. I didn't understand why.

"Yes I'm here. I'm in front of a gate looking for you. There's also five trailers here but-"

"Fuck! Okay, stay in the car. I'll be down in a minute. If anyone approaches you tell them I said to leave you alone."

She ended the call before I could say anything else. What was the problem? I was already here once in the middle of the night and nothing happened. What is it with them?

Dierks Bentley's What Was I Thinkin' came on the radio as I lit a cigarette and turned it up. It was always one of my favorites but now it just spoke to me. I oftentimes have found myself asking the same question recently

Right when I was just getting into it I heard a woman come out of a blue camper to my right that look to small for someone to actually live in. The skirting and the small porch said otherwise. I turned off the radio and rolled down my window halfway just as she got to the car.

"This is private property and we don't like trespassers. You had best turn this damn thing around and get your ass out of here now!"

I looked around and saw several more coming out of trailers on both sides. Suddenly I didn't think this was such a great idea. Why were they acting like this? All I was doing was sitting in my car.

"I'm a friend of Ashley. She told me to wait here for her. She should be on her way here."

It didn't come out with the confidence I wanted but it was enough to give her pause. She seemed to think it over for a moment before I heard a male's voice that sounded familiar.

"Crystal? What the hell are ya doing here?" I turned to see Kevin coming up on the passenger side. "Its fine, Kelly. You and everyone else go back inside. I'll wait here with her for Ashley."

She just frowned then headed back as I unlocked the passenger side door letting Kevin in.

"Is this how you greet all guests?" I asked him as he got in trying not to show my hesitation of him sitting in my seat. His Dickies overalls and hands were covered in grease. He must of been working on a car.

"No but... Ashley told me you were recently claimed. Is that her I'm smelling on you?"

I nodded. "Either her or my sister. What's going on between you and Jake's pack?