The Way

A College AU
Texas Southern University (Houston,Tx)
Ship: Chiron Harris x Erik Stevens
Warning(s): fluff, slight angst.... (;

___
"If you don't calm yo ass down, sir."

Bryson is tired of watching Chi run around like a chicken with its head cut off. He'd been running around for the past hour, nervous energy falling behind him as he went. This was the most nervous he'd ever been. "Nigga, you making me nervous.. Chill out bro."

"I can't! First dates mean something, right? What if I fuck something up?"

"You'll be fine, you're overthinking this shit." Bryson looks up at Chiron who is almost frantically looking through the shirts in his closet.

"Just go with the green one."

Chi takes the shirt in question out of the closet and holds it to his chest, "This one?"

"Yeah. I heard it was gon be cooler today so long sleeves is a better option." Bryson points while eating some Cheez Its. Chi nods as he puts the green shirt on the bed along with pants he has laid out.

Chi claps his hands once rubbing them together, "Alright, now help me pick out shoes."

Bryson throws his hands up in exasperation, "C'mon. Nigga. Seriously?"

Chi gives him a look that has Bryson blowing out an agitated breath. He gets up to help his friend search for the perfect pair of shoes.

"Go with the white ones," He says as he picks up a shoe box, "you haven't even worn these. They still in the box." Bryson gives the box to Chi and turns around to leave, he stops at the door. "You need me for anything else nigga?"

"Yeah, actually-"

"Don't care," Bryson waves Chiron off as he walks out of the room not looking back.

Chi rolls his eyes at his best friend and goes to shower and freshen up.

Once Chiron is done with his shower, he takes a deep breath. Stepping out and drying himself off he grabs the lotion and moisturizing his body. In his room he looks at the outfit one more time before putting it on.

He goes into the living room to find Bryson. Stepping in front of the tv he holds his arms out at either side of his body.

"So....how do I look?"

Bryson has a pensive look on his face and motions for Chi to give a turn with a twirl of his index finger. Chi spins around slowly as Bryson inspects his outfit, nodding in approval. "Calm down Chiron. You look good, you're going to be fine when you see him," Bryson sits back down on the couch and signals for Chi to move from in front of the tv. "What time did he say he was coming to pick you up?"

"He said 12."

Bryson wipes his hands and checks his phone, "It's 11:30. He should be here soon, you got everything?" Chi checks his pockets for his keys, his phone, and wallet.

"Yeah I got everything."

"Then sit down and chill out nigga." Bryson offers him the box of Cheez Its from Chi's snack cabinet.

"You always eating my snacks like you live here." Chi pushes the box away from him.

"Look, you asked me to come over and help yo hyperactive ass, so I'm here."

Chiron sits down on the couch with Bryson trying to stay calm as he waits for Erik. He mentally goes through everything he needs and his eyes widen. He did forget something. He gets up and makes his way to his bedroom, attempting to calm his nerves in the process.