8. A Sketchy Feeling

I could see some good in my brief kidnapping, with the silent walking came time to let me think and reflect

So much has happened today. In the time span of a day, my life went from unknown, quiet, book reading Alexandria...to werewolves, packs and...Kellan. I internally sigh at the unfortunate series of events. However, they weren't over yet.

As we speak, this group of Hytherin werewolves caught me lost in the middle of nowhere, and apparently, my name was so precious they're taking me to their Alpha. Kellan.

I follow the group, with slouched shoulders and nerves shooting right through me, until we reach a huge, three storey home. It sits surrounded by greenery, painted in its beige wood, and quietly hides its beautiful architecture from the rest of the world. The house kind of gave me some comfort in this situation. It's not some terrifying bricked building I had imagined.

However, we don't enter from the front door. The woman with the chestnut hair leads the way around the house to its back. I admire the rustic styled beauty as we walk around to its back entrance. The blonde woman had her hand on my shoulder as if I was going to run away.

Trust me, I don't have the nerve.

One of the males opens the back door, I expect some barricaded cell, however, the smooth wooden door opens to a fresh looking and widespread kitchen.

A kitchen.

With bar stools under the marble countertops, baskets of fruit and bread sat peacefully amongst them, and the outside hanging vines continued into the open space. It's so refreshing and calming.

The blonde woman removes her hand from my shoulder and signals for me to sit on one of the stools.

The woman with the chestnut hair turns to her companions and tells them to exit the room, and then turns to me and breathes in deeply at the sight of me, her face losing its toughness to reveal a sense of worry.

"I'd be careful if I were you," she warns, "whatever you've done, it's really made the Alpha his top priority".

I look at her with confused eyes but continue to keep my mouth shut.

"My name's Anika" and with that, she gives me a small smile and walks out of the room. Leaving me here both grateful for her kind warning, but also scared to my stomach.

I can hear the loud ticking of the clock, as the seconds waste away so does my patience. I have been sitting alone in here for about ten minutes when I hear one of the doors in the house open and then shut.

The sound of footsteps reaching closer to the kitchen.

The hallway framed his figure, and as he steps into the kitchen his face says it all.

Pure dissatisfaction.

He pulls up a seat and sits across from me. My arms are crossed over my chest and my right knee is shaking from the nerves. He's just staring at me, not saying a word. Whereas I am trying to make as little eye contact with him as possible.