Chapter 1

Bang! Bang!

Everyone in the market stopped and turned at the sound of the gunshot, fear clear on their faces. This caused the man who shot off the gun to smirk, but his facial expressions were concealed by the devil-looking mask that he was wearing. 

"Now, I'm going to make this easy." The man said, his voice menacing and playful at the same time. "When I walk by you, you put everything valuable in the bag. Is that clear?" 

The villagers didn't make a sound, paralyzed with fear.

Bang!

"I said was that clear?!" He yelled, holding his gun high in the air. 

This time, the villagers nodded, some shouting out "yes", too. The thief smirked again, still concealed, and walked by the villagers, holding a large bag out. They all dropped in their items, the items being things like money to expensive jewels. After he had gotten items from everyone in the market, he ran out, carrying the bag over his shoulder as he disappeared into the shadows. This man was a well known criminal throughout the kingdom, but no one knew his identity, at least no one who would tell. It wasn't always like this, though.

                                                                       Flashback

"The king has passed away. King Thomas has just been crowned." A green hooded-man read aloud to a red-hooded boy who did not know how to read. 

"Finally, huh? He's been sick forever." The red-hooded boy replied.

"I hope the new king is good. He is so young, afterall." The green-hooded man said, concern in his voice.

"He's only 3 years younger then you and 2 years older then me, Edd." 

"Still, Tord....."

"Whatever. I'm going to work." Tord said, standing up.

"Be careful. Stay away from the snobs!" Edd yelled as Tord opened the door, referring to the rich people who lived in the wealthy neighborhood, which Edd advised Tord to stay clear of. He constantly told Tord about how the snobs treated people from the slums, where he and the Norwegian lived. They shared a house together ever since the incident. 

"Ok, mom." The 13 year old sarcastically replied, exiting the house and going to his job. His roomate yelled something else which he didn't catch since he was already walking away. 

He arrived at his job, only to find a snob talking to his boss. 

"How dare you have this filthy... 'building' so close to MY neighborhood! It's absolutely disgusting." The snob screeched, getting up into the manager's face. 

The Norwegian was furious. As his manager was about to reply, he charged the man, knocking him over. The snob looked up in shock, causing the red-hooded boy to do his signature smirk. 

'Probably has never had someone knock him over before.' The boy thought to himself before getting up and sprinting away. 

He was too slow, and he felt his hood being tugged as he was dangled in the air. 

"You revolting boy! How dare you?! Do you know who I am?!" The snob spat, right in Tord's face as he squirmed in the man's grip. 

This time the manager managed to speak, his stutter thick. "I-I'm so sorry s-sir. This b-boy is s-so rude! P-please accept m-my apology for h-his behavior." 

Tord spoke before the snob could. "No! This snob is the rude one! Where else is he supposed to put his shop?" 

The manager was absolutely pettrified by now and the snob growled. "This boy needs to learn some manners. I will accept your apology if you allow me to keep him as a servant, with no pay."