Chapter 3

The young king woke up, getting 4 hours of sleep, more then he had gotten in months, and quickly got changed. He put on his normal outfit of a plain white button-up shirt and put his blue cloak over it. He then gelled his hair back, tying it into his usually low ponytail then put in his blue contacts. Once he looked presentable, he speed-walked straight to the head guard's quarters. Thomas knocked, and after a moment he heard something heavy fall and a scramble of footsteps. As the door opened, he saw the head guard still in his night gown, his hair a mess. 

"Yes, my lord?" The head guard, Charlie, said, sleep clear in his voice as he bowed to his king. "What do you request from me?"

"I want you to send all guards to capture the thief today, using the plan that I made." He replied, putting on his king voice. Tom had spent 3 hours working on the plans the night before. The plans were to have guards posistioned all over the blue sector because that the place that the thief always struck according to reports. The guards would be hidden, then as soon as the thief was spotted they would overpower him and bring him back to the castle where he would be executed. It was a simple plan, and the 18 year old knew that many things could go wrong, but he also knew that he had to do something. 

Charlie seemed shocked at first that the king wanted to send all the guards, but after reading the plans carefully he nodded. "I shall get changed then tell the other guards."

After that, Tom went to the training room. 

'I'm getting rusty. I only trained for 8 hours yesterday.' He thought to himself, picking up a sword then practicing dueling with the dummies set up throughout the training room, which he had to do due to the fact that no one else was awake yet to duel with him. 

After 3 hours, one of the guards finally came down to train, and the Brit challenged him to a duel. He easily beat the guard, still not satisfied. More and more guards came, the king still beating them, but nothing could make him feel like he was actually doing well. He practiced a bit of hand-to-hand combat then cleared his throat, getting the attention of all the guards. 

"Everyone, report to the main base. The head guard has an important message for all of you. Please pass this on to all other guards." He said, once again using his king voice. The only person he didn't use his king voice to was Matt.

The guards bowed, heading to the main base.

 "That devil will be captured." The king said to himself, determined. 

The red-hooded teen yawned, stretching his arms. Looking around, he realized that he had fallen asleep on the building. Thankfully, it was still dark, so he relaxed knowing that he would have enough time to get home. Walking home, Tord remembered that he had a thought last night, but he couldn't remember what it was. Then he did, a huge smirk growing on his face. 

'But how will I even get to the king?' He thought, now deeply considering this. 'He is extremely well guarded and so is the castle; he never leaves the castle, he has servants to get anything his heart desires.'

Tord thought about this for a while, and without realizing it he had arrived at the house. He easily snuck inside soundlessly due to all the practice he had from doing it for many years. He lay down on the couch, pretending to be asleep until he heard his roommate wake up. Edd walked in, shaking the younger boy gently. 

"Wake up, sleepyhead." Edd said to his housemate. 

"Just five more minutes, mom." Tord replied, making his voice sound sleepy. 

Edd chuckled, pulling the teen up. After Tord did his daily fake groaning, he got changed into his thief outfit. He walked back into the living room after changing, causing the Brit to look at him in suprise.