Ch. 2: New Beginnings

A/N: I can tell y'all missed me lol and I missed you. Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Life's been hectic. But let's not waste anymore time and get to it. Enjoy!

As Beca was out on patrol as Spider-Woman, Chloe Beale was back in her dorm room with Aubrey, relaxing after the full day of standing outside and getting people to audition. Chloe sat on the couch while Aubrey went to the kitchen to grab drinks for them. The kitchen was right behind the living room, separated by a counter, which allowed them to still talk to each other.

"I know we didn't get a whole lot of people who were interested, and not to mention they were a little strange. But, all around, I think we got enough" Aubrey stated as she poored the drinks and joined her roommate on the couch. "I guess we'll just hafta wait until auditions and see" she added as she placed Chloe's drink in front of her, and then realized the redhead wasn't even paying attention.

"Chloe, are you listening?" she irritably asked, snapping her out of it.

"Sorry, no" she laughed with red creeping into her cheeks. "I just...can't stop thinking about-"

"That alt girl?" Aubrey raised an eyebrow.

"Is it that obvious?" she asked sheepishly.

"Well, you haven't said much since she arrived; and the entire time we were talking to her, you had your legs closer together than you normally do" she pointed out and the red in her best friend's cheeks almost matched her hair.

"Sorry, but...I can't help it" she laughed. "She just....stood out from the crowd with that....look she had and that outfit and those eyes and that creamy skin with those...muscular arms of hers. I mean, she definitely has a six pack under that top she had and she must workout-"

"Chloe" Aubrey irritably snapped her out of it again with narrowed eyes.

"Sorry, but...there's just something about her that's so....unique...and mysterious" she stated wonderously. "Honestly, it's kind of hot, not that she isn't without that at least" she smiled with a flirtatious eye roll as she took a sip of her drink.

"Yea, and you met her for how long?" Aubrey asked with another raised eyebrow.

"It's called a pair of eyes bree" Chloe replied, now being the irritated one. "I just wish we could've convinced her to audition" she added, causing Aubrey to scoff.

"Are you kidding?! After what she said about our group and how rude she was?!" she reminded, not believing Chloe was still into her after those snide comments.

"And you helped?" Chloe shot back, making the blonde sigh as she leaned back. "Look, I don't like what she said anymore than you do, but it still would've been nice to give her a chance and get to know her a little" Chloe stated. "I just....really wanted to get to know her. She seemed so.... intriguing and fascinating" her mind wandered again as she took another gulp of her drink.

"I don't know Chloe" Aubrey shook her head. "I mean, she just....seemed more like the type that didn't want people getting to know her, and would probably make them regret it if they did"

"You still need to learn that you never know till you try, Bree" she shrugged.

"Maybe, but you didn't even get her name, so...." Aubrey noted.

After a brief moment, Chloe sighed and said, "Yea, I know. I can't believe I didn't think to ask her of that, if nothing else"

After another brief second, Aubrey tried to cheer her up. "Hey, it's probably for the best" she said with her hand on her shoulder. "Besides, we've got bigger things to worry about, like auditions and what a tough year this is going to be" she reminded, but Chloe still couldn't get her mind off the gorgeous brunette.