Ch. 5: Initiation Night

After catching up with Beca, Chloe returned to her table with Aubrey to help her gather all of the files and head back to their dorm room. But first, she needed to ask and check something when she walked up.

"So?" she had a playful smile as she leaned on the table with one hand.

"What?" Aubrey asked, shuffling her stack.

"Whatchu think?" Chloe asked with a curiously playful shrug.

Aubrey sighed, knowing what she was talking about, or who at that.

"She is good" Aubrey admitted, Chloe acting like an excited child. "But, I don't think she's a proper fit for the Bellas"

"A proper fit-bree! Our focus is to win the championship this year, right? If we're going to do that, we need to start making some changes, doing things nobody will expect; cos like it or not, Bumber was right about what he said. We can't keep doing the same things every year or we won't win, and you know it too"

Aubrey sighed before saying, "It's not just that. She's doesn't strike me as the 'easy to work with' type. Especially, considering she didn't even want to join in the beginning"

Chloe sighed as she came up with a way to convince Aubrey.

"Just give her a chance and let me work with her. If it doesn't go well, I'll cut her myself and take full responsibility for her"

Aubrey thought for a moment, liking the suggestion Chloe made. She wouldn't have to deal with the brunette as much and she knew Chloe would want to work with her anyway. There definitely wasn't any harm in just giving it a shot, especially if Chloe was more responsible for her. Aubrey let out another sigh before answering.

"Just remember you said that"

Chloe smiled and said, "Thankyou" with a peck on the cheek and a friendly hug. She then skipped over like a happy child to gather her half of the stack of files before walking off.

"Why me" Aubrey sighed.

X

Meanwhile, Beca, Jesse and Fat Amy decided to go to a pizza place for celebration. They haven't gotten to go out for anything since school started anyway, so it was nice to do this again.

"You did really excellent, Beca. That was amazing" Jesse complimented before taking another bite.

"I'll say" Amy agreed. "Except, it would've been nice if you heard us sing also"

"Sorry guys" Beca replied, regretting she missed that. "Hopefully, we'll all get to see each other sing at some point this year"

"Maybe even sing together, am I right?" Amy grinned with a pat on Beca's shoulder.

"Wha-hey, I won't get to sing with you guys" Jesse noted.

"We don't care" Beca joked and Amy laughed. "I'm kidding" she giggled with a mouth full of pizza. "We'll probably find something to do with just the three of us some time"

"That'll be fun" Jesse smiled.

"Hell yes" Amy nodded.

A silent minute went by as the three munched on their meals. The trio all smiling and enjoying being with each other today.

"So, you gonna finally ask out that Chloe girl or what?" Jesse asked, and that just killed it.

"You just had to take it there, didn't you?" Beca sighed.

"Pretty much, yea" Jesse smirked with a mouth full of pizza.

"You might as well Beca, fate's practically pulling you two together" Amy stated dramatically.